Are you irritated from trying to scrape together enough money each month for auto insurance? You are in the same boat as millions of other drivers.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, about 70% of customers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Many consumers in Florida could cut their rates by up to 55% a year, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes. Insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive all claim big savings, bombarding you with advertising and it can be hard to ignore the promise of big savings and do the work needed to find the best deal.
If you have coverage now or just want cheaper coverage, follow these tips to get lower rates without having to cut coverage. Buying the cheapest insurance in Tampa is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. Drivers just need to use the quickest way to compare price quotes from multiple carriers.
Auto insurance providers offering competitive prices in Florida
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Tampa, FL. To locate cheaper car insurance in Florida, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Analysis of coverages
The table displayed below outlines different policy rates for Dodge Ram 2500 models. Understanding more about how premiums are figured can help drivers make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$284||$544||$452||$26||$136||$1,442||$120|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$284||$626||$452||$26||$136||$1,524||$127|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$284||$626||$452||$26||$136||$1,524||$127|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$284||$626||$452||$26||$136||$1,524||$127|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$284||$626||$452||$26||$136||$1,524||$127|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$284||$626||$452||$26||$136||$1,524||$127|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$316||$544||$452||$26||$136||$1,474||$123|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$316||$626||$452||$26||$136||$1,556||$130|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$316||$626||$452||$26||$136||$1,556||$130|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$316||$544||$452||$26||$136||$1,474||$123|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$316||$544||$452||$26||$136||$1,474||$123|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$316||$708||$452||$26||$136||$1,638||$137|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$316||$708||$452||$26||$136||$1,638||$137|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$316||$544||$452||$26||$136||$1,474||$123|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$316||$544||$452||$26||$136||$1,474||$123|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$316||$544||$452||$26||$136||$1,474||$123|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$348||$626||$452||$26||$136||$1,588||$132|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$348||$626||$452||$26||$136||$1,588||$132|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$348||$626||$452||$26||$136||$1,588||$132|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$348||$626||$452||$26||$136||$1,588||$132|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in zip code location which can modify price quotes significantly.
The illustration below illustrates how your deductible choice and can affect Dodge Ram 2500 yearly insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The prices are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Careless driving habits raise Tampa car insurance rates
The example below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can raise Dodge Ram 2500 insurance costs for different insured age categories. The prices are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Car insurance rates based on gender
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Dodge Ram 2500 car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The diagram below compares Dodge Ram 2500 insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. Data assumes no violations or accidents, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no definitive rule for phasing out physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Dodge Ram 2500 book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying in excess of $700 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Get cheaper Dodge Ram 2500 insurance rates in Tampa
Some companies don’t necessarily list every discount available very clearly, so below is a list a few of the more common and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance carriers reward you with lower prices if you buy a life policy as well.
- Memberships – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on your bill.
- Smart Student Discounts – This discount can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Multi-car Discount – Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks with the same insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower premium rates.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt can save a little off the medical payments premium.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers that enable their insurance company to study driving habits by using a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount will lower the cost of coverage.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram 2500 premium costs with and without policy discounts. The rates are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Florida state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, marriage, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- AAA includes discounts for multi-car, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, good student, good driver, education and occupation, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include pay in full, mature driver, homeowner, distant student, good student, switch companies, and youthful driver.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, seat belt use, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, and defensive driver.
- Esurance discounts include DriveSense, online shopper, renters, anti-lock brakes, claim free, and defensive driver.
- SAFECO has discounts for teen safe driver, safe driver, bundle discounts, multi-car, and homeowner.
- State Farm may offer discounts for passive restraint, good student, student away at school, safe vehicle, and multiple autos.
If you are trying to find inexpensive Tampa car insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not be offered in Tampa.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When quoting and choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance agent or online?
Many people just prefer to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is submitted to participating agents in Tampa that can provide free Tampa car insurance quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to your email. If you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, just go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Tampa should be willing to answer these questions.
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
If you want to buy insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents that you can select. Agencies in Tampa are either independent or exclusive. Both can sell and service insurance coverage, but we need to point out the subtle differences since it can impact your agent selection.
Exclusive agents can only place business with one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. They receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Tampa that can give you price quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not limited to a single company so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you.
When searching for an agent, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection.
The following is a list of independent agents in Tampa that are able to give rate quotes.
Central Florida Insurance Agency of Town ‘N’ Country
7753 W Waters Ave – Tampa, FL 33615 – (813) 885-2900 – View Map
If you receive good answers to these questions and locked in a price quote, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that is a good match to provide insurance coverage.
Auto insurance company ratings
Insuring your vehicle with the highest-rated car insurance company is difficult considering how many choices drivers have in Tampa. The rank data below could help you select which coverage providers to look at shopping prices with.
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Quote more to save more
When searching for low cost Tampa car insurance quotes, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Lower-priced Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Tampa is available both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not have online rate quotes and these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agencies.
We’ve covered many ways to reduce Dodge Ram 2500 insurance premium rates online in Tampa. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Tampa car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest premium rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
How to buy affordable Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Tampa
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to save money on Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Tampa is to regularly compare quotes from different companies who sell insurance in Florida.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how companies set rates and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many factors that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents and a negative credit rating can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Ram 2500 insurance. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One bit of advice is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This ensures a level playing field and a better comparison of the market.
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Tampa Car Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- How Much are Tampa Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)