Deciphering which companies quote the cheapest auto insurance rates for hybrid vehicles may require a little more effort than just comparing rates from one or two companies. Every insurance company has their own unique process for setting rates, so let’s take a look at the most budget-friendly auto insurance companies in Tampa, FL.
Best Cheap Insurance Rates for Hybrids
|Rank||Company||Cost Per Year|
|Find Your Rate Go|
USAA generally has some of the lowest car insurance rates in Tampa at around $948 annually. Electric, Amica, Progressive, and Mercury also make the cut as some of the more affordable Tampa, FL insurance companies.
As depicted above, if you currently have coverage with Mercury and switched to Electric, you could earn a yearly savings of in the vicinity of $220. Florida drivers with Allied may save as much as $232 a year, and Travelers insureds might cut rates by $251 a year.
Remember that these rates are averaged across all drivers and vehicles and and are not calculated with a specific location for hybrid vehicles. So the auto insurance company that is best for you may not even be in the top 21 companies in the list above. That helps illustrate why you need to get rate quotes from many companies using your own personalized driver profile and vehicle information.
The make and model of vehicle on the policy is a significant factor in finding the best car insurance for hybrid vehicles. Vehicles with higher performance characteristics, poor passenger safety features, or high incidents of liability claims will cost quite a bit more to insure than more modest models. The information below shows insurance premiums for a handful of the most affordable automobiles to buy coverage for.
|Make and Model||Estimated Cost for Full Coverage|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$1,873|
|Honda Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$2,147|
|Honda Odyssey EX W/Rear Entertainment||$2,172|
|Ford Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$2,182|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$2,193|
|GMC Sierra SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$2,215|
|Chevrolet Malibu LT||$2,255|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport Package 4WD||$2,265|
|Toyota Corolla S||$2,333|
|Ford F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$2,358|
|Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab 2WD||$2,417|
|Kia Optima SX||$2,535|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$2,542|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$2,538|
|Toyota Camry LE||$2,547|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$2,538|
|Compare Cheap Rates Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in specific location information which can impact auto insurance rates noticeably.
Looking at the rates, you can see that vehicles like the Honda CR-V, Honda Accord, Honda Odyssey, Ford Focus, and Ford Escape are most likely going to be some of the most economical vehicles to insure for hybrids.
Best auto insurance in Tampa
Ending up with the best company can be a challenge considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Tampa. The company rank data shown below may help you choose which providers to look at purchasing coverage from.
The rankings below are only comprised of companies with a national presence, so smaller regional companies are not included in this list. To check rates from these companies and more, click here.
Top 10 Large Car Insurance Companies Overall in Tampa
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Types of discounts on Tampa insurance rates
Car insurance companies that offer cheap quotes for hybrid vehicles may have rate discounts that can reduce rates by 25% or more if you qualify. Large auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers discounts for defensive driving training, passive restraint, multiple autos, good driver, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for early shopping, homeowner, teen driver, good student, mature driver, electronic funds transfer, and youthful driver.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, and online quote discount.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including seat belt use, federal employee, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, and military active duty.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include good student, company car, multiple vehicles, multi-policy, paid in full, and paperless.
- The Hartford has savings for air bag, vehicle fuel type, good student, driver training, and defensive driver.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for safe driver, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, youthful driver, renewal discount, multi-policy, and good student.
- USAA offers discounts including new vehicle, family discount, military installation, driver training, multi-vehicle, and defensive driver.
The illustration below shows the comparison of insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The premiums assume a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Florida state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles.
The first bar for each age group shows the average annual price with no discounts. The lower bar shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, accident-free, and passive restraint discounts applied. In this example, the average savings per year on auto insurance for hybrid vehicles is 28% or $625.
How to find budget-friendly auto insurance for hybrid vehicles
Below you’ll find some thrifty solutions that can help you find low-cost auto insurance.
- Increase your comprehensive and collision deductibles
- Having at-fault accidents will increase rates
- Get cheaper liability coverage by choosing a safer vehicle
- Better credit scores save money
- Serious violations like DUI or careless driving can make car insurance unaffordable
- Look for cheaper rates once a year by shopping around
That final tip is extremely necessary, as was emphasized in the prior information. Prices charged by companies in Tampa can change significantly in a year, so you should be ready to switch companies if a lower price can be found. Staying with the same company for years is fine, but we do not recommend it if that devotion results in you overpaying a lot of money. It only takes a couple minutes to compare rates and find cheaper car insurance for hybrid vehicles.
The insurance agents in Tampa listed below can aid you in deciding which coverages and limits you need, as many people would rather get some professional advice when trying to find the best insurance rates for hybrid vehicles. It’s not always simple to find the cheapest auto insurance company, so a licensed agent can provide comfort knowing your policy gives you adequate coverage when you need it most. To find a Tampa insurance agency in your neighborhood, click the button at the bottom of the list or click here to compare prices now.
- Rip Weachter Insurance Agency
4311 W El Prado Blvd – Tampa, FL 33629 – (813) 831-8889
- Lang Adams – State Farm Insurance Agent
5051 Memorial Hwy – Tampa, FL 33634 – (813) 243-1300
- Mike Clamon – State Farm Insurance Agent
3816 S Dale Mabry Hwy – Tampa, FL 33611 – (813) 837-5421
- Allstate Insurance: John Fox
4941 E Busch Blvd Ste 150 – Tampa, FL 33617 – (813) 985-3889
- A Complete Insurance Agency
5008 W Linebaugh Ave – Tampa, FL 33624 – (813) 865-9000