It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find lower priced Infiniti EX35 insurance in Tampa is to do an annual price comparison from providers that insure vehicles in Florida.
- Try to learn about individual coverages and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many factors that cause high rates like careless driving and a not-so-good credit history can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One piece of advice is to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Unbelievable but true according to a study a large majority of auto insurance policyholders have been with the same company for more than four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Tampa drivers could save about 55% every year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t believe the amount of savings they would get if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Cheapest car insurance in Tampa, FL
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Tampa, FL. If your goal is to find the best auto insurance in Florida, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Analysis of Infiniti EX35 rates
The rate table displayed next highlights different insurance rates for Infiniti EX35 models. Having a good grasp of how insurance policy rates are calculated can assist in making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|EX35 AWD Journey||$452||$880||$418||$24||$124||$1,898||$158|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can alter coverage rates considerably.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Infiniti EX35 insurance prices when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The prices are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no set guideline that is best for determining when to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Infiniti EX35 replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying more than $500 annually for physical damage coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Smart Choices Result in Lower Insurance Prices
When buying insurance it’s important to understand some of the elements that help determine the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could result in lower premium levels. Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but others are more transparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
- City dwellers may pay more – Living in less populated areas may provide you with better prices when it comes to insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. People in densely populated areas regularly have more traffic problems and more time behind the wheel. Longer commute distances can result in more accidents.
- Multiple policies with one company – Most insurers provide discounts for people who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. This can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money. Drivers may still find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Your liability insurance limits – The liability coverage on your policy is the protection in the event that a court rules you are at fault for an accident. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense to defend your case. It is affordable coverage when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Pay less with a high NHTSA crash test rating – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety reduce injuries and fewer serious injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Infiniti EX35 has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may cost less to insure.
Gender is a factor – Over time, data shows women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean men are worse drivers. Both genders tend to get into at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but males tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically get more serious tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Infiniti EX35 car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
- Better premiums with anti-theft devices – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Check for these money saving discounts
Insurance is not inexpensive, but you may find discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain credits will be shown when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Good Driver Discounts – Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies allow discounts for signing up prior to your current EX35 insurance policy expiration. You could save around 10% when you buy Tampa car insurance online.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Having several vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Infiniti EX35 insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premiums are based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
To find insurance companies offering insurance discounts in Florida, click here.
Exclusive versus independent car insurance agents
Many drivers would rather get advice from a local agent and that is OK! One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to companies in Tampa that provide free Tampa car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact an agency because prices are sent immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, you just need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an company should depend on more than just the premium amount. Any good agent in Tampa should know the answers to these questions.
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- How are they compensated?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
If you want a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance agents in Tampa are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents.
These type of agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. They receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Tampa that are able to give rate quotes.
John Lang – State Farm Insurance Agent
4023 W Waters Ave #5 – Tampa, FL 33614 – (813) 885-2748 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel can quote rates with many companies so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to compare quotes from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Tampa who can help you get price quote information.
Find affordable car insurance rates by comparing often
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, someone dropped full coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
More affordable car insurance in Tampa can be purchased from both online companies in addition to many Tampa insurance agents, so you need to quote Tampa car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not have price quotes online and these smaller providers sell through independent agents.
To read more, take a look at the resources below:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Tampa Car Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)