The best way to get cheaper car insurance rates in Tampa is to annually compare prices from providers in Florida. This can be done by following these steps.
- Try to learn a little about how insurance works and the things you can change to lower rates. Many things that increase rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies. View rates
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper Magnum coverage is available. If you can save money and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the new company. Don’t forget to store the certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared insurance rates at all. Most drivers in Tampa could save about 55% every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t understand the benefits if they switch to a new company.
How You Can Control Dodge Magnum Insurance Rates
Lots of things are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but other factors are more transparent such as your marital status or your commute time.
- Liability protection is peace of mind – The liability coverage on your policy will afford coverage when a jury decides you are liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so do not cut corners here.
- Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket – Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your Dodge. Some coverage claims would be colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and burglary. Your deductibles define the amount you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Single drivers take more risk – Having a significant other helps lower the price compared to being single. It translates into being more stable financially it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Insurance companies don’t like frequent claims – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Companies in Florida award better rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Safer the car lower the rate – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to be cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates. If your Dodge has at least four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Car and home together may be cheaper – The majority of insurers provide a discount to policyholders that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be as much as ten percent or more Even with this discount, you still need to shop around to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Do you save by driving less? – The higher the mileage driven in a year the more it will cost to insure it. Almost all companies apply a rate based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Having the wrong rating on your Magnum may be costing you. Verify your car insurance policy properly reflects the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money.
- High premiums for youthful drivers – Drivers with little experience have a tendency to get distracted easily when driving therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Older people are proven to be safer behind the wheel, statistically cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.
Get discounts on Tampa auto insurance
Some providers do not list all their discounts very well, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that you may qualify for. If you don’t get every credit available, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Tampa auto insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control are safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- College Student – Children who live away from home at college and do not have a car could get you a discount.
- No Claims – Tampa drivers who stay claim-free pay much less in comparison to bad drivers.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Student Discounts – Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower prices.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates you could get a free auto insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
Some of the larger companies that may offer quotes with some of the above discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in your state. To see companies who offer cheap Dodge Magnum insurance quotes in Florida, click this link.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
Discount Dodge Magnum insurance in Tampa can be found both online as well as from independent agents in Tampa, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies don’t offer rate quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, policy non-renewal, poor customer service or even being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
When getting Tampa auto insurance quotes online, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Tampa Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Nurses in Tampa? (FAQ)
- How Much is Tampa Car Insurance for a Nissan Versa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Tampa Car Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tampa Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- How Much are Tampa Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)