Do you want to save money by buying the cheapest Volvo S80 insurance in Tampa? When searching for lower-cost insurance, are you frustrated by the number of auto insurance companies that you can choose from? You have so many companies to choose from that it is a difficult situation to find better premium rates for Volvo S80 insurance in Tampa. Everyone knows that Tampa is an excellent city in which to live, but finding the money to pay for auto insurance can make it difficult for lots of drivers to afford good insurance coverage.
Regrettably, a large majority of drivers in Florida have bought auto insurance from the same company for over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Consumers in the United States can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but most undervalue the big savings they would realize if they switched.
Choosing the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Tampa is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will definitely be able to find better prices using the tips covered below. Nevertheless, Florida car owners can benefit by having an understanding of how companies sell online and use this information to your advantage.
How to shop Volvo S80 insurance online
Keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies will enable you to find the best price. Some smaller insurers do not give online price quotes, so you also need to get quotes from them as well.
The providers in the list below provide free quotes in Florida. If you want the best car insurance in Tampa, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
The coverage table displayed next showcases detailed analysis of policy rates for Volvo S80 models. Understanding more about how insurance prices are calculated can be useful when making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|S80 T6 AWD||$242||$454||$426||$26||$128||$1,276||$106|
|S80 Executive AWD||$242||$514||$426||$26||$128||$1,336||$111|
|S80 V8 AWD||$268||$514||$426||$26||$128||$1,362||$114|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in zip code location which can lower or raise premiums substantially.
Should you buy full coverage?
The example below shows the difference between Volvo S80 annual premium costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The data is based on no violations or accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no written rule for dropping comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Volvo S80 settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying over $500 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Get cheaper Volvo S80 insurance rates in Tampa
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise all their discounts very well, so here is a list a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find credits that may apply to you.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed in the military may lower your auto insurance rates slightly.
- Online Discount – Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy online.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Tampa car insurance quote.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Tampa car insurance depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount and make you a better driver.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get better prices if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Resident Student – College-age children living away from Tampa attending college and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks off PIP or medical payments premium.
Just know that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Volvo S80 insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The information is based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
Companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO has savings for daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, air bags, seat belt use, and multi-vehicle.
- USAA includes discounts for loyalty savings, vehicle storage, safe driver, new vehicle, driver training, and family discount.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- American Family may have discounts that include mySafetyValet, defensive driver, accident-free, early bird, and bundled insurance.
- Esurance offers discounts including safety device, Pac-12 alumni, paid-in-full, anti-theft, and DriveSense.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for switch companies, early shopping, teen driver, bundle discounts, homeowner, and business and professional.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, and student away at school.
When quoting, ask every company what discounts are available to you. Savings might not apply in Tampa. To choose insurance companies who offer discounts in Tampa, click here.
Why you need vehicle insurance in Florida
Despite the potentially high cost of Volvo S80 insurance, car insurance is mandatory in Florida but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Volvo, most lenders will require you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volvo at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Volvo S80 but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $825 a year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
What is the best car insurance company in Florida?
Picking a high-quality insurer can be difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Tampa. The company rank data below can help you decide which car insurance providers to look at shopping your coverage with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
What insurance coverages do I need?
When it comes to buying a policy for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For example, these questions may help highlight if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- What happens if I owe more than my Volvo S80 is worth?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Local Tampa car insurance agents and insurance
Some people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. A nice benefit of comparing insurance online is you may find cheaper rates and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Tampa who will give you quotes for your business. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. You can find the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Picking an company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- When do they do policy reviews?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
Below are Tampa car insurance companies that may be willing to give price quotes for Volvo S80 insurance in Tampa.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
2703 W Kennedy Blvd – Tampa, FL 33609 – (813) 259-1142 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Dave Sangar
208 E Bearss Ave – Tampa, FL 33613 – (813) 877-5506 – View Map
- Florida Commercial Insurance
4915 W Cypress St – Tampa, FL 33607 – (813) 262-2303 – View Map
- Mike Foley – State Farm Insurance Agent
3704 W Swann Ave – Tampa, FL 33609 – (813) 289-7888 – View Map
Once you have positive feedback for all questions you ask and a low price estimate, you’ve probably found a company that is professional and can properly service your insurance policy.