Sadly, a large majority of drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost half have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Florida drivers could save themselves almost $1,126 a year, but they don’t want to take the time to shop around.
The preferred way to get more affordable Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Tampa is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers that sell auto insurance in Florida.
- First, read and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many factors that result in higher prices such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and your credit history can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from many different companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, notify your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for your new policy. Immediately upon receiving it, safely store the certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
A good tip to remember is to try to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as you can. This ensures a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Just keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies helps improve the odds of finding the best rates. Some companies don’t provide online Tampa Golf SportWagen insurance quotes, so it’s important to also get rates from them as well.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Tampa, FL. If you wish to find the best auto insurance in Tampa, FL, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
How much auto insurance do I need?
When selecting the best auto insurance coverage, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- What does medical payments cover?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- Does my Volkswagen Golf SportWagen need full coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Don’t I need to get advice from an agent?
Some consumers would rather visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Tampa who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you just need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best insurance company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Florida?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- How long have they been in business?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Tampa for you
If you are searching for a local agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents and how they operate. Auto insurance policy providers are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below are Tampa exclusive agents who can help you get price quote information.
- Joyce Coleman – State Farm Insurance Agent
8221 Parkedge Dr – Tampa, FL 33637 – (813) 975-1866 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Rich Lovinger
4016 Henderson Blvd l – Tampa, FL 33629 – (813) 837-9329 – View Map
- State Farm: Stan White
3204 Cove Bend Dr – Tampa, FL 33613 – (813) 971-1123 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most have the option of insuring with smaller mutual companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below are independent agents in Tampa that can give you price quotes.
- L. Vega Insurance Agency
8019 N Himes Ave #100 – Tampa, FL 33614 – (813) 935-6629 – View Map
- GreatFlorida Insurance – Mike Polivchak
3928 W Hillsborough Ave – Tampa, FL 33614 – (813) 870-2334 – View Map
- Colucci Insurance
1441 E Fletcher Ave – Tampa, FL 33612 – (813) 972-1947 – View Map