It’s amazing but the vast majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. With the average premium in Florida being $2,158, drivers could save up to 55% every year, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to shop around.
To save the most money, the best way to get discount auto insurance rates in Tampa is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Florida.
- Spend some time learning about policy coverages and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as multiple speeding tickets and a bad credit score can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources. Compare rates
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to the newly selected company. Once the paperwork is finalized, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A tip to remember is to use identical coverages on every price quote and and to compare as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and the best price selection.
How You Can Control Volkswagen e-Golf Insurance Prices
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the rating factors that aid in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that could result in lower car insurance prices.
The items below are a partial list of the pieces utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rates.
Physical damage deductibles are a factor – Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your Volkswagen. Some examples of covered claims are a broken side mirror, flood damage, and damage caused by flying debris. Physical damage deductibles define how much you are willing to pay before your car insurance pays a claim. The more expense you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less money you will pay for car insurance.
Five star IIHS safety rating saves money – Safe vehicles are cheaper to insure. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you. If your Volkswagen has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may be receiving a better rate.
Cheaper to insure gals? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females take fewer risks when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. They both tend to get into auto accidents in similar percentages, but males tend to have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are the most expensive to insure and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
With age comes responsibility – Older people have been proven to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Youthful drivers are statistically shown to be inattentive and easily distracted behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher.
Get better rates if married – Being married helps lower the price on your car insurance policy. Marriage translates into being more responsible and statistics prove married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Drive less and pay lower prices – The higher the miles on your Volkswagen in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure it. Many insurance companies charge rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos that sit idle most of the time receive better premium rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Incorrect rating for your e-Golf is throwing money out the window. Make sure your car insurance declarations sheet shows the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Liability coverage limits on your policy – Your policy’s liability coverage will provide protection if ever a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Most of the larger companies allow consumers to get insurance quotes on their websites. Doing online quotes for Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Tampa is pretty painless as you just type in the coverages you want into the form. After you complete the form, the company’s rating system sends out for your driving record and credit report and quotes a price based on many factors. This makes it simple to compare prices and it is imperative to do this if you want to get the most affordable premium on auto insurance.
To compare rates using this form now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you duplicate coverages and limits as close as possible to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have an apples-to-apples comparison based on similar coverages.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Tampa, FL. If you want the cheapest car insurance in Tampa, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Even though Tampa e-Golf insurance rates can get expensive, paying for car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Volkswagen at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. But the average driver in Florida overpays as much as $820 a year so shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some insurers don’t necessarily list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized and the more hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Tampa car insurance online.
- Active Military Service – Having an actively deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more on e-Golf insurance in Tampa.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can combine your home and auto policy with one company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking time to complete a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could save 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on e-Golf insurance in Tampa.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds who allow driving data submission to analyze where and when they drive remotely such as State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer quotes with most of these discounts are:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in Tampa. To see a list of insurance companies with significant discounts in Tampa, click here to view.
Insurance quotes from local Tampa insurance agencies
A small number of people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you can get lower car insurance rates but also keep your business local. Supporting local agents is especially important in Tampa.
After filling out this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Tampa who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to find an agent because prices are sent directly to your email. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Tampa for you
If you would like to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents in Tampa can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent often have many company appointments so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you definitely need to get quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
Below are Tampa independent insurance agencies that can possibly get you price quotes.
Charlies Agents Insurance Agency
2701 N Himes Ave #201 – Tampa, FL 33607 – (813) 831-8363 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Tampa who can help you get rate quotes.
Picking a auto insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Tampa should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Where would glass claims be handled in Tampa?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Tampa?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
Don’t assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
When choosing a policy, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- What is the minimum liability in Florida?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
More comparisons equals cheaper rates
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Tampa can be sourced from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not offer price quotes online and usually these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
In this article, we covered many ideas to shop for Volkswagen e-Golf insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Tampa car insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier.
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost.
Additional detailed information can be read by following these links:
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Homeowners in Tampa? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Young Drivers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Tampa Auto Insurance Rates for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Teachers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)