It’s an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Drivers who shop around at least once a year will presumably buy a different policy because they have good chances of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey revealed that people who shopped around annually saved $3,400 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest price for car insurance in Tampa is your ultimate objective, knowing how to shop and compare insurance rates can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
If you want to save money, the best way to save money on auto insurance rates in Tampa is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Florida. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Read about what is in your policy and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many things that cause rate increases such as careless driving and an imperfect credit history can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple sources. Begin your rate comparison
Step 3: Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper Atlas coverage is available. If you can save money and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a signed application and payment for the new policy. When you receive it, place the new proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A key point to remember is to try to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to look at as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
If you have a current insurance policy or just want to reduce your rates, use these money-saving tips to shop for the lowest rates while maximizing coverage. This article’s goal is to help educate you on the most effective way to quote insurance and some tricks to saving. Smart buyers just have to learn the most effective way to compare rate quotes over the internet.
Getting a cheaper price on Volkswagen Atlas insurance is an easy way to save money. The only thing you need to do is invest a little time comparing rate quotes to see which company has the cheapest Volkswagen Atlas rate quotes.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Tampa, FL. If you wish to find the cheapest auto insurance in Tampa, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
Choosing the best vehicle insurance in Florida is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Atlas with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Volkswagen for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves not only your Volkswagen Atlas but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Volkswagen gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying over $869 every year so it’s important to compare rates every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Why Your Insurance Prices might be higher
Many things are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but others are less obvious such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
- Alarms and GPS tracking systems cut rates – Purchasing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft deterrent systems like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart vehicle theft.
- Don’t get traffic citations – Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates than bad drivers. Just one citation can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with careless violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving are required to maintain a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Companies want multiple policies – Lots of insurers will give better rates to customers who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you qualify for this discount already, consumers should still compare other Tampa Atlas insurance rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Safer vehicles cost less to insure – Safe vehicles get lower rates. Vehicles built for safety reduce occupant injuries and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates. If your Volkswagen Atlas scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
- Annual mileage and car insurance rates – The more you drive each year the higher your rate. Most companies calculate prices based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use cost less to insure than those used for commuting. It’s a smart idea to ensure your auto insurance coverage is rated on the correct usage. Improper usage on your Atlas may be costing you higher rates.
Take policy discounts and save on Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Tampa
Auto insurance companies do not list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has some of the more common as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Tampa car insurance online.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Buy New and Save – Putting car insurance coverage on a new Atlas can get you a discount since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few larger companies offer discounts for signing up before your current Atlas insurance policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger car insurance companies have a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to look at driving habits remotely such as State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Tampa car insurance depending on your company.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
If you would like to see a list of car insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Tampa, click here.
Can’t I get rate quotes from local Tampa insurance agents?
A lot of people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find the best rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is important especially in Tampa.
Upon completion of this short form, your information is immediately sent to agents in your area that can give you free Tampa car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t even need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Auto insurance policy providers can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types of agents can handle auto insurance, but it’s important to know how they are different since it can affect which type of agent you select.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
When searching for an agent, we highly recommend that you compare quotes from several independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below are Tampa independent agents who can help you get pricing information.
- Northside Insurance Agency
14009 N Dale Mabry Hwy – Tampa, FL 33618 – (813) 960-5225 – View Map
- Global FIS – A Full Service Independant Insurance Agency
8710 W Hillsborough Ave #201 – Tampa, FL 33615 – (813) 343-0844 – View Map
- Seibert Insurance Agency
5121 Ehrlich Rd #111 – Tampa, FL 33624 – (813) 960-4672 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are contracted to one company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers sometimes choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Tampa that can give you price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Bruce Kestenbaum
320 E Fletcher Ave – Tampa, FL 33612 – (813) 513-8800 – View Map
- Jerry Perez – State Farm Insurance Agent
9724 N Armenia Ave #200 – Tampa, FL 33612 – (813) 931-3000 – View Map
- State Farm: Jeff Ralph
11014 N Dale Mabry Hwy #501 – Tampa, FL 33618 – (813) 969-3331 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Does their agency support local causes in Tampa?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- How many years have they been established?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
Shop around and save
Discount Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Tampa is possible on the web and also from your neighborhood Tampa agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies don’t offer online quoting and usually these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents.
As you quote Tampa car insurance, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost.
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, denial of a claim, policy cancellation and questionable increases in premium. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right auto insurance provider can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Additional detailed information is available in the articles below: