There isn’t a single person who gets a kick out of paying for auto insurance, especially when they know they could lower their rates if they shopped around.
A recent study showed that a large majority of drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and nearly half have never compared rates with other companies. Tampa drivers could cut their rates by $1,130 a year by just comparing quotes, but they think it’s difficult to compare other rate quotes.
Steps to saving on Saturn Sky insurance in Tampa
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get discount car insurance rates is to compare prices annually from companies who provide car insurance in Tampa.
- First, take a few minutes and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like high-risk driving behaviors and a not-so-good credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A key point to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Lots of insurers contend for your insurance dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every insurance company and uncover the absolute best price available on Saturn Sky insurance in Tampa.
If you are already insured, you will most likely be able to cut your premiums using the following tips. Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Tampa is much easier if you know where to start. But Florida drivers do need to know the methods companies use to sell insurance online and use it to find better rates.
Cheapest companies for Saturn Sky insurance in Florida
The companies in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Florida. To locate cheap auto insurance in Florida, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the cheapest price.
Car insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Some insurance providers don’t always list all possible discounts very well, so we took the time to find some of the best known and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you buy Tampa auto insurance online.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Discount for Good Grades – Being a good student can save 20 to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving less can qualify you for lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military can result in better rates.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow driving data collection to monitor driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
- Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles on the same car insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- Government Employee Discount – Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
- Tampa Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home can help you save on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
Policy discounts save money, but some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- State Farm discounts include multiple autos, student away at school, passive restraint, multiple policy, good driver, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include good student, business and professional, bundle discounts, distant student, pay in full, and youthful driver.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- GEICO may include discounts for multi-vehicle, federal employee, five-year accident-free, military active duty, good student, defensive driver, and membership and employees.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for teen driver, paid in full, anti-theft, mature driver, student away at school, and air bags.
- The Hartford has discounts for bundle, driver training, defensive driver, air bag, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, and good student.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for driver training, safe driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and 55 and retired.
- USAA offers discounts including annual mileage, loyalty savings, defensive driver, vehicle storage, and military installation.
Before you buy a policy, ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts may not be available in Tampa.
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For example, these questions might point out if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- What is the ISO rating for a Saturn Sky?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Saturn Sky to commute?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
Many people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a great decision The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find cheap auto insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. Supporting local agents is especially important in Tampa.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the quote information is transmitted to participating agents in Tampa who will give you bids for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an insurer shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Tampa?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Florida?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
After you get answers to your satisfaction to your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, chances are good that you have found a company that can be trusted to provide auto insurance coverage. But remember, you can always cancel coverage for any reason so don’t think that you are permanently stuck with a policy for any length of time.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
More affordable insurance in Tampa can be found on the web and from local insurance agents, so get free Tampa auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not provide internet price quotes and usually these small insurance companies sell through local independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, policy cancellation, high rates after DUI convictions and high prices. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company can be pretty painless.
How to find cheaper rates for Saturn Sky insurance in Tampa
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get discount auto insurance rates in Tampa is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers who sell auto insurance in Florida.
- Take a few minutes and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as speeding and a negative credit history can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available in Tampa. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the newly selected company. Don’t forget to place the new certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to analyze as many companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and maximum price selection.
Additional insurance information can be read below:
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tampa Car Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit in Tampa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI in Tampa? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Good Students in Tampa? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)