Remarkably, a study showed that almost 70% of insureds have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and 38% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Consumers in Tampa could cut their rates by almost 55% a year just by comparing rates, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rate quotes online.
The best way to find more affordable car insurance rates is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Tampa.
- Get an understanding of what is in your policy and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as traffic violations and a bad credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper G5 coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
An essential thing to point out is to try to use identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different companies as possible. This guarantees a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
These discounts can slash Pontiac G5 insurance rates
Some companies don’t always list all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list both well-publicized and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver’s education class if offered at their school.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Tampa car insurance quote.
- Sign Online – Some larger companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing on your computer.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some insurance companies provide a discount for renewing your policy before your current expiration date. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Driver Safety – Completing a driver safety course could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
- Multiple Cars – Having all your vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Pay Early and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance coverage on a new G5 can save you some money due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
If you would like to choose from a list of auto insurance companies who offer cheap Pontiac G5 insurance quotes in Tampa in Florida, click here.
Getting more affordable insurance pricing is surprisingly easy. You just have to take time comparing free Tampa car insurance quotes to discover which company has inexpensive Tampa car insurance quotes.
Comparing free rates online is easy and it, replaces the need to drive to all the different insurance agencies. Quoting Pontiac G5 insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a complicated situation and need the professional guidance only provided by licensed agents. Some companies do allow you to find lower rates online but buy the policy through an agent.
The companies in the list below can provide free quotes in Tampa, FL. To buy cheap car insurance in Tampa, FL, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Can’t I get rate quotes from local Tampa car insurance agents?
Some consumers would rather visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move Good agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Tampa.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance coverage information is sent to companies in Tampa who will return price quotes for your business. You won’t need to search for an agent because prices are sent to your email. If you have a need to get a price quote from one company in particular, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Tampa
If you want a good insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they work. Agents can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either type can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s important to know the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect which type of agent you select.
Independent agencies are not locked into one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different auto insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you will definitely want to get quotes from multiple independent agents to maximize your price options.
Shown below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Tampa that can possibly get you free rate quotes.
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
The following are exclusive agents in Tampa willing to provide rate quotes.
Selecting an auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a low price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- How are they compensated?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Is there a local claims center in Tampa?
What is YOUR best insurance company?
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to shop for Pontiac G5 insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Tampa car insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Pontiac G5 rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a small local company. These companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
When searching for affordable Tampa car insurance quotes, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where someone dropped collision coverage to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found in the articles below:
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Tampa Car Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Tampa Auto Insurance for a Toyota 4Runner? (FAQ)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)