How long have you put off shopping around for more affordable Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Tampa? Comparing and finding more affordable coverage rates for Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Tampa can be kind of frustrating for drivers not familiar with online price comparisons. With more and more companies competing online, it can quickly become hard work to compare coverage rates on Kia Optima Hybrid insurance.
It’s astonishing, but the vast majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and almost 40% of drivers have never shopped around. With the average premium in the United States being $1,847, drivers could pocket almost $850 a year, but they just don’t understand the rate savings if they switched to a cheaper policy.
It’s important to get comparison quotes before your next renewal because insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the lowest rate on Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Tampa a couple years back there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. There are lots of tips to save on Optima Hybrid insurance out there, but in a few minutes you can learn some good information on how to put money back in your pocket.
Don’t overlook these Kia Optima Hybrid insurance discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may find discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but a few must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles on the same auto insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds who allow driving data collection to spy on when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Tampa drivers who stay claim-free can save substantially in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control are safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
Please keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But all discounts should help reduce your policy cost.
A few of the larger companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include good student, business and professional, distant student, homeowner, switch companies, and electronic funds transfer.
- State Farm has savings for Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, student away at school, accident-free, anti-theft, defensive driving training, and driver’s education.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for newly married, hybrid vehicle, teen driver discount, new vehicle discount, new graduate, good student, and preferred payment discount.
- MetLife offers discounts including accident-free, good driver, defensive driver, claim-free, and good student.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, continuous coverage, online signing, and homeowner.
When getting free Tampa car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all the companies how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not be available in Tampa. If you would like to choose from a list of companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Florida, click this link.
Most larger insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive provide prices on their websites. Obtaining pricing for Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Tampa is quite easy as you just type in the amount of coverage you want as detailed in the form. Upon sending the form, the system automatically orders credit information and your driving record and generates pricing information based on many factors.
This helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s very important to do this if you want to get the lowest possible payments on insurance.
If you want to compare rates now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you enter the coverages as shown on your current policy. This way, you are getting a rate comparison using the exact same coverages.
The providers in the list below offer quotes in Tampa, FL. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
Educated Choices Result in Lower Insurance Rates
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that go into determining your car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get big savings. Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are more obscure like where you live and annual miles driven.
Shown below are just a few of the factors used by companies to determine prices.
Liability insurance preserves assets – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance kicks in when you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. Your liability coverage provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so do not skimp.
More traffic equals higher costs – Being located in a rural area is a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. Drivers in populated Florida areas regularly have more traffic problems and more severe claims. More time on the road means more chance of being in an accident.
High deductibles save money – Comp and collision deductibles define how much the insured will be required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Insurance for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. Some coverage claims would be collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and having a roll-over accident. The larger the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive.
Decrease premiums by maintaining coverage – Not having insurance is against the law and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. In addition to paying higher premiums, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in a revoked license or a big fine. You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Florida motor vehicle department.
Kia Optima Hybrid claim statistics – Insurers analyze the history of losses when they calculate premium costs for each model. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher rates. The data below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Kia Optima Hybrid vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles compiled together is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Kia Optima Hybrid||143||115||116||139||158||151|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agents near you
Many drivers prefer to sit down with an agent and that is not a bad decision One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is you can get cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Tampa.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is submitted to agents in your area who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent to your email. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, just visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Selecting an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
Why you need vehicle insurance in Florida
Despite the high insurance cost for a Kia Optima Hybrid in Tampa, paying for insurance may be required for several reasons.
First, almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Optima Hybrid, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Kia at an extremely high rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance preserves both your Kia and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $825 a year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Find affordable auto insurance rates by comparing often
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to compare Kia Optima Hybrid insurance rates in Tampa. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Kia Optima Hybrid rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Tampa can be found both online and also from your neighborhood Tampa agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
As you quote Tampa car insurance, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an insured cut physical damage coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
How to find better rates for Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Tampa
To save the most money, the best way to find affordable Kia Optima Hybrid insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers that insure vehicles in Tampa.
- Gain an understanding of car insurance and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many factors that cause high rates such as distracted driving and poor credit history can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple companies. Select a company
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as you can. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Bad Credit in Tampa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Tampa Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)