It goes without saying that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Insureds who shop around once a year are very likely to switch to a new company because of the high probability of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent insurance study discovered that consumers who shopped around saved about $860 a year compared to other drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding discount rates on insurance in Tampa is why you’re reading this, understanding how to get rate quotes and compare insurance rates can help make the process easier.
The most effective way to get more affordable Honda Civic insurance in Tampa is to compare quotes annually from insurers in Florida. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about what is in your policy and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic violations and a poor credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. View rates
- Compare the quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new insurer. Once coverage is bound, place the new certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A key point to remember is to use identical coverages on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different companies as possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Smart Consumers Can Lower Their Insurance Premiums
Many factors are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like your driving record, but other criteria are more obscure such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
Vehicle risk affects prices – The type of car or truck you are insuring makes a big difference in your car insurance bill. The cheapest insurance rates tend to be for low performance passenger vehicles, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The following chart uses these variables: married male driver age 50, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Honda Civic car insurance rates compared to other models of vehicles that have different performance rating factors.
- Filing insurance claims can cost you more – Insurance companies in Florida provide the lowest premiums to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can pretty much guarantee higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Employer stress can make you pay more – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Careers like judges, executives, and medical professionals are shown to have the highest average rates due to high stress levels and lengthy work days. On the flip side, careers such as actors, historians and homemakers get better rates.
Teenage driver insurance costs – Older drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims, and usually have better credit. Inexperience drivers are statistically proven to get distracted easily behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
The next chart is based on a single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Avoid tickets and save – Your driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates than their less careful counterparts. Having just one speeding ticket or other violation may increase your cost forty percent or more. Drivers who have received dangerous violations such as reckless driving or DUI may face state-mandated requirements to prove financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The diagram below illustrates how violations and accidents influence Honda Civic insurance costs for each age group. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Insurance losses for a Honda Civic – Insurers include the past claim trends for vehicles when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that are shown to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more for specific coverages. The table below demonstrates the historical loss data for Honda Civic vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is a value of 100. Values that are below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are above 100 point to more losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Honda Civic Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Civic 92 105 68 127 135 121 Honda Civic Hybrid 90 85 106 105 78 Honda Civic Si 126 97 117 124 104BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
The easiest way to compare rates for Honda Civic insurance in Tampa is to understand most of the bigger providers participate in online systems to provide you with free rate quotes. All you need to do is provide a small amount of information like if you have an active license, daily mileage, how you use your vehicles, and your general credit rating. Your rating data is instantly submitted to many highly-rated insurers and they respond with quotes with very little delay.
To start a quote now, click here and complete the form.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Tampa, FL. To get cheap auto insurance in Florida, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
The table displayed below showcases a range of insurance premium costs for Honda Civic models. Having a better understanding of how insurance policy premiums are calculated is important for you to make decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$268||$636||$438||$26||$132||$1,500||$125|
|Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$268||$748||$438||$26||$132||$1,612||$134|
|Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$268||$748||$438||$26||$132||$1,612||$134|
|Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$268||$748||$548||$32||$164||$1,760||$147|
|Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$268||$748||$438||$26||$132||$1,612||$134|
|Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$268||$748||$438||$26||$132||$1,612||$134|
|Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$268||$862||$548||$32||$164||$1,874||$156|
|Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$308||$862||$438||$26||$132||$1,766||$147|
|Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$308||$862||$438||$26||$132||$1,766||$147|
|Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$308||$862||$548||$32||$164||$1,914||$160|
|Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$308||$862||$438||$26||$132||$1,766||$147|
|Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$308||$862||$548||$32||$164||$1,914||$160|
|Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$348||$748||$438||$26||$132||$1,692||$141|
|Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$348||$974||$548||$32||$164||$2,066||$172|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can impact premiums substantially.
Physical damage deductible comparison
One common question asked by Tampa drivers is how high should the physical damage coverage deductibles be. The data tables below help summarize the premium difference between low and high comp and collision deductibles. The first pricing table uses a $250 deductible and the second rate chart uses a $500 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$280||$544||$418||$24||$124||$1,415||$118|
|Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$280||$640||$418||$24||$124||$1,511||$126|
|Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$280||$640||$418||$24||$124||$1,511||$126|
|Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$280||$640||$522||$30||$156||$1,653||$138|
|Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$280||$640||$418||$24||$124||$1,511||$126|
|Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$280||$640||$418||$24||$124||$1,511||$126|
|Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$280||$736||$522||$30||$156||$1,749||$146|
|Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$322||$736||$418||$24||$124||$1,649||$137|
|Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$322||$736||$418||$24||$124||$1,649||$137|
|Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$322||$736||$522||$30||$156||$1,791||$149|
|Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$322||$736||$418||$24||$124||$1,649||$137|
|Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$322||$736||$522||$30||$156||$1,791||$149|
|Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$364||$640||$418||$24||$124||$1,595||$133|
|Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$364||$834||$522||$30||$156||$1,931||$161|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$228||$438||$418||$24||$124||$1,232||$103|
|Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$228||$516||$418||$24||$124||$1,310||$109|
|Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$228||$516||$418||$24||$124||$1,310||$109|
|Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$228||$516||$522||$30||$156||$1,452||$121|
|Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$228||$516||$418||$24||$124||$1,310||$109|
|Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$228||$516||$418||$24||$124||$1,310||$109|
|Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$228||$594||$522||$30||$156||$1,530||$128|
|Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$262||$594||$418||$24||$124||$1,422||$119|
|Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$262||$594||$418||$24||$124||$1,422||$119|
|Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$262||$594||$522||$30||$156||$1,564||$130|
|Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$262||$594||$418||$24||$124||$1,422||$119|
|Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$262||$594||$522||$30||$156||$1,564||$130|
|Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$296||$516||$418||$24||$124||$1,378||$115|
|Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$296||$672||$522||$30||$156||$1,676||$140|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in specific Tampa garaging location which can alter auto insurance rates noticeably.
Based on the above data, using a $250 deductible will cost you roughly $17 more each month or $204 every year across all Honda Civic models than quoting the higher $500 deductible. Due to the fact that you would have to pay $250 more out of your own pocket with a $500 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you normally go at a minimum 15 months between claim filings, you would probably be better off if you choose the higher deductible.
The information below illustrates how your deductible choice and can influence Honda Civic insurance prices for different ages of insureds. The prices are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The example below illustrates the difference between Honda Civic insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no definitive formula to stop paying for physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Honda Civic replacement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying in excess of $400 a year to have full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some situations where removing full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Buying the right Civic insurance in Florida is an important decision
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Tampa, buying car insurance is required in Florida but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Honda Civic has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will force you to have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Honda at a more expensive rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your Honda Civic and your personal assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Honda gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in America overpays as much as $700 annually so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Honda Civic insurance discounts in Tampa
Auto insurance can be pricey, but discounts can save money and there are some available that many people don’t even know exist. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Smart Student Discounts – This discount may save you up to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings on auto insurance.
- Tampa Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Driver Education Discount – Teen drivers should successfully take a driver’s education course in school.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Early Switch Discount – Select auto insurance companies give a discount for buying a policy before your current Civic insurance policy expires. You could save around 10% when you buy Tampa car insurance online.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and that can save you a little bit as well.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount should definitely cut the premium cost.
The information below shows the difference between Honda Civic insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the rates. The prices are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Florida state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, claim-free, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO discounts include five-year accident-free, anti-theft, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, military active duty, daytime running lights, and multi-vehicle.
- USAA may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, defensive driver, family discount, vehicle storage, and annual mileage.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- American Family offers discounts for accident-free, mySafetyValet, good student, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, and defensive driver.
- Esurance offers discounts including online quote, Pac-12 alumni, good student, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, and safety device.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for business and professional, electronic funds transfer, bundle discounts, pay in full, youthful driver, and alternative fuel.
- State Farm includes discounts for anti-theft, accident-free, defensive driving training, driver’s education, multiple autos, good driver, and student away at school.
Check with all the companies to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies everywhere. To locate insurers offering auto insurance discounts in Florida, click here to view.
Local Tampa insurance agents
Many people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Most agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of comparing insurance online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Tampa who will return price quotes to get your business. You won’t need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. In the event you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best provider is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Tampa should be willing to answer these questions.
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Tampa?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Tampa?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
Insurance agent types
If you want to buy insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Agents in Tampa can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types can insure your vehicles properly, but it is important to understand the subtle differences since it could factor into your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes use the same agent partially due to high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Tampa that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Shirin Khorsandian – State Farm Insurance Agent
2734 E Fowler Ave, Ste A – Tampa, FL 33612 – (813) 971-6060 – View Map
- Jim Cornwell – State Farm Insurance Agent
4305 W Bay to Bay Blvd – Tampa, FL 33629 – (813) 835-8892 – View Map
- Ray Mathews – State Farm Insurance Agent
15271 Amberly Dr – Tampa, FL 33647 – (813) 978-1898 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not required to write business for one company so they can write business with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparison shopping, we recommend you compare quotes from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with small mutual carriers which may have better rates.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Tampa willing to provide price quote information.
- Mesa Insurance Agent
Tampa, FL 33603 – Tampa, FL 33603 – (813) 442-4179 – View Map
- Global FIS – A Full Service Independant Insurance Agency
8710 W Hillsborough Ave #201 – Tampa, FL 33615 – (813) 343-0844 – View Map
- American Landmark Insurance
4229 W Kennedy Blvd – Tampa, FL 33609 – (813) 289-2277 – View Map
If you feel you receive reasonable responses to these questions and low cost Honda Civic insurance quotes, you may have found an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to insure your vehicles.
Tampa car insurance companies
Ending up with a high-quality car insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many choices you have in Florida. The company rank data in the lists below may help you pick which car insurance providers to look at shopping prices with.
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to proper insurance coverage, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- What is PIP insurance?
- What is glass protection for?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Honda Civic?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Smart consumers save more
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Honda Civic insurance in Tampa. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a small mutual company.
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, poor customer service, delays in paying claims or even high prices. Regardless of your reason, finding the right insurance provider can be easy and end up saving you some money.
A few companies do not offer online quoting and usually these small, regional companies work with local independent agents. Cheaper insurance in Tampa is available from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Tampa, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection.
Much more information about insurance in Florida can be found below:
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Tampa Auto Insurance Quotes for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Tampa? (FAQ)
- How Much is Tampa Car Insurance for a Nissan Versa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Tampa Car Insurance for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)