Do you need a better way to compare more affordable Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance in Tampa? Getting more affordable Tampa Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance quotes on the web can appear to be rather difficult for beginners to comparing rates and buying insurance on the web. With so many companies competing online, how are consumers expected to have the ability to compare all the different companies and get lower insurance premiums?
Sadly, almost 70% of drivers in Florida kept their coverage with the same insurance company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never quoted insurance rates at all. Drivers in America could pocket approximately 46.5% a year just by shopping around, but they don't know the large savings they would see if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Save a ton with these ten discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there may be some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before being credited. If you do not double check each discount possible, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Being a homeowner can save a few bucks because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Employee of Federal Government - Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease with certain companies.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more on Fusion Hybrid insurance in Tampa.
- Membership in Organizations - Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings on your next renewal.
- Use Seat Belts - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Drivers Education - Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver's education class as it can save substantially.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Participating in a defensive driving course may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being deployed in the military could mean lower car insurance rates.
- E-sign - Some of the larger companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up online.
One last thing about discounts, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn't work that way.
The example below shows the comparison of Ford Fusion Hybrid car insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Florida state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-car, homeowner, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm has discounts for accident-free, defensive driving training, driver's education, multiple policy, safe vehicle, and student away at school.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- Travelers may include discounts for student away at school, good student, multi-car, IntelliDrive, new car, driver training, and multi-policy.
- American Family includes discounts for good driver, bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, and air bags.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including multi-car, hybrid vehicle, new vehicle discount, safety features, new move discount, and multi-policy.
Check with each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in your state.
The method we recommend to compare policy rates for Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance in Tampa utilizes the fact auto insurance companies participate in online systems to quote your coverage. All you need to do is provide a small amount of information such as how you use your vehicles, if a SR-22 is needed, deductibles desired, and how much school you completed. Your rating data is instantly sent to many highly-rated insurers and they return quotes instantly to find the best rate.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Tampa.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Florida. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Ford Fusion Hybrid coverage analysis
The rate information below covers estimates of rate quotes for Ford Fusion Hybrid models. Knowing how policy rates are figured can aid in making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$348||$862||$590||$34||$176||$2,010||$168|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in specific location which can decrease or increase premium rates greatly.
Does full coverage make sense?
The diagram below shows the difference between Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The data assumes no violations or claims, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no exact formula that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Ford Fusion Hybrid book value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $6,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premiums are more than $600 annually to have full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Will just any policy work for me?
When buying coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Your situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Am I covered when driving someone else's vehicle?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- What happens if I owe more than my Ford Fusion Hybrid is worth?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
You may want advice from an insurance agent
Some consumers just want to buy from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that A good thing about getting online price quotes is you may find better rates but also keep your business local. And supporting small agencies is especially important in Tampa.
Once you complete this short form, the quote information gets sent to participating agents in Tampa who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a price quote for a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Do you need an independent or exclusive auto insurance agent?
When researching a local agent, it's helpful to know the different types of agencies from which to choose. Insurance agents are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured. If you need cheaper insurance rates, you absolutely need to get several quotes from independent agents to get the best comparison. Most also have access to small mutual carriers which can be an advantage.
Featured below is a small list of independent agents in Tampa who can help you get pricing information.
- American Landmark Insurance
4229 W Kennedy Blvd - Tampa, FL 33609 - (813) 289-2277 - View Map
- Buhl Insurance Agency
2935 W Hillsborough Ave - Tampa, FL 33614 - (813) 876-0057 - View Map
- All Affordable Insurance Agency
7211 N Dale Mabry Hwy Suite 108 - Tampa, FL 33614 - (813) 935-5554 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only provide one company's prices like State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so it's a take it or leave it situation. They receive extensive training on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some insured continue to use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Tampa that can give you price quote information.
- State Farm: Jimmy Fisher
6920 E Fowler Ave - Tampa, FL 33617 - (813) 989-2037 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Bruce Kestenbaum
320 E Fletcher Ave - Tampa, FL 33612 - (813) 513-8800 - View Map
- Doug MacDaid - State Farm Insurance Agent
8910 N Dale Mabry Hwy #3 - Tampa, FL 33614 - (813) 935-2937 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
Educate yourself about auto insurance coverages
Learning about specific coverages of your auto insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you'll find typical coverage types found on the average auto insurance policy.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like hitting a bird, fire damage, hitting a deer, hail damage and a broken windshield. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Ford Fusion Hybrid.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 10/20/10), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for bills like ambulance fees, dental work and doctor visits. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Fusion Hybrid from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as scraping a guard rail, rolling your car and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also increase the deductible on your Fusion Hybrid to bring the cost down.
This coverage can cover damage that occurs to a person or their property that is your fault. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 10/20/10 that means you have $10,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $20,000, and property damage coverage for $10,000. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against claims like pain and suffering, medical expenses, repair costs for stationary objects and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but buy higher limits if possible. Florida state minimum liability requirements are 10/20/10 but drivers should carry more coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not be enough coverage.
Cheaper auto insurance premiums are out there
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to lower your Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance premium rates in Tampa. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better likelihood of getting affordable Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from an unexpected company. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
Lower-priced Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance in Tampa is attainable online in addition to many Tampa insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not have rate quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
How to quote cheaper Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance in Tampa
The best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates in Tampa is to compare prices once a year from providers who provide car insurance in Florida.
- Read about the coverage provided by your policy and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and an imperfect credit score can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Fusion Hybrid insurance. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Notify your company or agent of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment and a signed application to your new carrier. Be sure to store the proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to make sure you're comparing similar coverage information on each quote and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
More learning opportunities
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)