Statistics show that a large majority of drivers in Florida kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. The average driver in the U.S. could save an average of nearly 47% each year by just comparing quotes, but most undervalue the actual amount they would save if they switch to a new company.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to quote cheaper Dodge Ram insurance in Tampa is to start comparing prices regularly from providers who sell insurance in Florida.
- First, get an understanding of auto insurance and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that result in higher prices such as speeding tickets, careless driving and poor credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. Later in this article we will cover tips to get cheaper rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for many different companies. Compare rates now
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new insurance company. As soon as you receive it, place the new certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
Companies offer many types of discounts on Dodge Ram insurance in Tampa
Car insurance can be pricey, but there may be some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of quoting, but occasionally some discounts must be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Defensive Driver - Completing a defensive driver course could earn you a small percentage discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Save over 55 - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get a small discount on rates.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Fewer annual miles on your Dodge could be rewarded with slightly better prices than normal.
- Own a Home and Save - Owning a house in Tampa may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Drivers Education - Require your teen driver to successfully take a driver's education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Some insurance carriers give a lower car insurance rate if you buy some life insurance too.
- Multi-car Discount - Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
It's important to note that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though you would think it's possible to get free car insurance, that's just not realistic. Any qualifying discounts will lower your car insurance premiums.
The information below compares Dodge Ram auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The rates are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Florida state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
To choose car insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Florida, follow this link.
How much is Dodge Ram insurance in Tampa?
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Florida. If you want to find the cheapest auto insurance in Tampa, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Rates and statistics
The premium table shown next showcases detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for Dodge Ram models. Having knowledge of how insurance quotes are formulated can help drivers make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$254||$352||$480||$28||$144||$1,258||$105|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$286||$430||$480||$28||$144||$1,368||$114|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$286||$430||$480||$28||$144||$1,368||$114|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$286||$430||$480||$28||$144||$1,368||$114|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$286||$430||$480||$28||$144||$1,368||$114|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$286||$430||$480||$28||$144||$1,368||$114|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$286||$430||$480||$28||$144||$1,368||$114|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$286||$430||$480||$28||$144||$1,368||$114|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$286||$430||$480||$28||$144||$1,368||$114|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$320||$506||$480||$28||$144||$1,478||$123|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$320||$506||$480||$28||$144||$1,478||$123|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$320||$506||$480||$28||$144||$1,478||$123|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$320||$506||$480||$28||$144||$1,478||$123|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$320||$506||$480||$28||$144||$1,478||$123|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$320||$506||$480||$28||$144||$1,478||$123|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$320||$506||$480||$28||$144||$1,478||$123|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$320||$506||$480||$28||$144||$1,478||$123|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$320||$506||$480||$28||$144||$1,478||$123|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$320||$582||$480||$28||$144||$1,554||$130|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$320||$582||$480||$28||$144||$1,554||$130|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in Tampa location which can lower or raise premium rates considerably.
Careless driving habits raise Tampa car insurance rates
The example below illustrates how violations and accident claims can affect Dodge Ram auto insurance rates for each different age group. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The chart below illustrates the difference between Dodge Ram insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The data is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no definitive guideline to delete physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Dodge Ram book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying more than $500 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are a few cases where eliminating full coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not drop full coverage.
How much auto insurance do I need?
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone's needs are different so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions can help discover if your situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Dodge Ram?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Will my Dodge Ram be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Should I talk to an insurance agency?
Some consumers still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision Experienced insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to companies in Tampa that provide free Tampa auto insurance quotes for your business. You won't even need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to you. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific company, just visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an provider is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Florida?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Tampa?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
If you want a good Tampa insurance agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Insurance policy providers are either exclusive or independent. Either can insure your vehicles properly, but it's important to point out the difference between them because it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. They receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Tampa willing to provide rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not locked into one company so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies and you don't have to do anything.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you check rates from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Tampa willing to provide price quotes.
Here's why insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Dodge Ram in Tampa, insuring your vehicle is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ram has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Dodge Ram. It also can pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. On average, a vehicle owner in Tampa is overpaying over $865 each year so it's recommended you shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Learning about specific coverages of a auto insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are typical coverage types offered by auto insurance companies.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for expenses for things like funeral costs, dental work, doctor visits, pain medications and surgery. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Dodge Ram.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (10/20/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Auto liability insurance
This provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 10/20/10 that translate to $10,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, a total of $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as attorney fees, repair bills for other people's vehicles, repair costs for stationary objects, bail bonds and structural damage. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. Florida requires minimum liability limits of 10/20/10 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
The next chart demonstrates why minimum state limits may not be adequate.
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things like hitting a mailbox, damaging your car on a curb, rolling your car and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also raise the deductible on your Ram to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like fire damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from getting keyed, hitting a bird and hitting a deer. The maximum payout your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle's value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Florida auto insurance company ratings
Insuring your vehicle with a high-quality insurance provider is difficult considering how many choices you have in Florida. The company information listed below may help you analyze which coverage providers you want to consider purchasing from.
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA - 91%
- AAA Insurance - 90%
- Esurance - 90%
- Mercury Insurance - 89%
- Nationwide - 89%
- Travelers - 88%
- Progressive - 88%
- Safeco Insurance - 88%
- State Farm - 88%
- Allstate - 88%
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Lower rates by being persistent
We've covered a lot of information how to reduce Dodge Ram insurance prices online in Tampa. It's most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices come from an unexpected company. These companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Cheaper car insurance in Tampa is attainable on the web as well as from independent agents in Tampa, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4 in Tampa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)