Are you trying to find more affordable Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Tampa? Are you tired of being strong-armed to buy auto insurance? You are no different than many other Florida consumers.
It’s astonishing, but a large majority of drivers in Florida kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,847, U.S. drivers can save $859 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t understand how simple it is to go online and compare rates.
Steps to finding affordable Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Tampa
Truthfully, the best way to find cheaper prices for Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Tampa is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Florida. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- It will benefit you to learn about policy coverages and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like careless driving and an imperfect credit rating can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to compare every company you can. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Insurance companies such as GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive continually hit you with catchy ads and consumers find it hard to ignore the promise of big savings and find the best price available.
Affordable Chevy insurance price quotes in Tampa
The following companies are our best choices to provide free quotes in Tampa, FL. To find the best cheap car insurance in Tampa, FL, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Lower Insurance Rates with These Tips
Many factors are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but other factors are less apparent like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
The list below includes a few of the things used by companies to determine premiums.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Occupations such as lawyers, business owners, and stock brokers usually pay the highest average rates in part from job stress and lengthy work days. On the other hand, professions such as actors, students and performers have the lowest average rates.
- Better credit means lower premiums – A driver’s credit score will be a significant factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Therefore, if your credit score is low, you could save money insuring your Chevrolet TrailBlazer by taking the time to improve your credit score. Insureds that have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers with poor credit.
- An active policy claims history can cost more – If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance companies in Florida give most affordable rates to people who are claim-free. Insurance coverage is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
- How much liability do you need? – The liability coverage on your policy kicks in if ever you are determined to be liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. Liability is cheap compared to other policy coverages, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Compare rates if you bundle your policies – Most major car insurance companies apply a discount to people who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to ten percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, consumers should still get quotes from other companies to ensure the best deal. It’s possible to still save even more by insuring with multiple companies.
Insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise every possible discount very well, so we break down some of the more common and the more hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Accident Waiver – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Completing a defensive driver course can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some insurance carriers give lower rates if you buy a life policy as well.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower insurance rates.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house in Tampa may earn you a small savings because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
You should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears you could get a free insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- GEICO discounts include five-year accident-free, good student, anti-theft, military active duty, and anti-lock brakes.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, multi-policy, good student, good driver, and accident-free.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- Travelers offers discounts for good student, continuous insurance, hybrid/electric vehicle, payment discounts, home ownership, multi-car, and save driver.
- SAFECO offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, safe driver, anti-theft, and drive less.
- AAA may have discounts that include good student, education and occupation, good driver, multi-car, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
If you need the cheapest Chevrolet TrailBlazer rate quotes, ask every company which discounts they offer. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. To locate insurance companies with discount insurance rates in Florida, follow this link.
When should I get advice from an agent?
Certain consumers would prefer to talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A good thing about comparing rates online is you may find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Tampa who will give you quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent to your email. You’ll get the best rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, just go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right company should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
The difference between Tampa auto insurance agents
If you want to buy auto insurance from a local Tampa insurance agent, there are two different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance policy providers can either be exclusive or independent.
Agents of this type work for only one company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. These agents are usually well trained on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Tampa who may provide you with price quote information.
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you include rate quotes from at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Tampa that can give you price quotes.
Smart consumers save more
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can find affordable Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Tampa. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Tampa auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with the smaller companies. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, someone dropped full coverage only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
How to find affordable quotes for Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Tampa
The best way to get cheaper car insurance rates in Tampa is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers in Florida. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- First, learn about what is in your policy and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many factors that cause rate increases like traffic citations and an unacceptable credit history can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, notify your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, keep the new proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One bit of advice is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and to quote with as many companies as you can. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Additional detailed information is available at these sites:
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Good Drivers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Good Students in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Tampa Auto Insurance for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Tampa Auto Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)