If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get low-cost Chevy SS insurance in Tampa is to compare prices once a year from insurers that insure vehicles in Florida.
- First, get a basic knowledge of how car insurance works and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many things that cause high rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a low credit rating can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Read the full article for more details to help prevent costly coverage and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to use identical coverages on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as you can. This enables a fair price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
It’s an obvious assumption that insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Consumers who shop around once a year are highly likely to buy a new policy because there is a great chance of finding a cheaper policy. A recent car insurance study discovered that people who shopped around every year saved about $70 a month compared to people who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the cheapest price on insurance is your ultimate target, then understanding how to shop and compare auto insurance can help simplify the process.
If you have coverage now or just want a better rate, you will benefit by learning to lower your rates and possibly find even better coverage. Finding affordable insurance coverage in Tampa is easy if you know what you’re doing. Drivers just need to use the least time-consuming way to buy insurance from many companies at once.
The Chevy SS Insurance Cost Equation
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that go into determining your auto insurance rates. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that could result in lower auto insurance prices.
The following are some of the most rate-impacting factors that factor into your prices.
- Drive less and pay lower prices – The higher the mileage driven every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies calculate prices based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars that are left in the garage receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. It’s a smart idea to ensure your policy correctly shows the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money. An improperly rated SS can result in significantly higher rates.
- Where you live factors in – Having an address in less populated areas can save you money when insuring your vehicles. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. Residents of big cities have to deal with congested traffic and a longer drive to work. Higher commute times translates into higher accident risk.
- More performance means more cost – The type of car or truck you need to insure makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. Economy passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Companies want multiple policies – Some insurance companies afford a discount to buyers who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to check prices from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates. Drivers may still save money by insuring with multiple companies.
- Youthful drivers pay higher prices – Older insureds have been proven to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Youthful drivers are statistically shown to get distracted easily in a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher.
- Higher rates for specific jobs – Jobs like fire fighters, police officers, and accountants usually pay higher premium rates attributed to high stress and long work hours. Conversely, professions such as scientists, historians and the unemployed pay the least.
- Do women or men drive better? – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. It does not mean females are better at driving than males. Males and females get in at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get cited for more serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Young males are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Credit rating impacts premium premiums – Having a good credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining your rates. Therefore, if your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your Chevrolet SS by improving your credit score. People that have excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with poor credit scores.
Insurance losses for a Chevy SS – Insurers use statistical claims data when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more for coverage. The table below demonstrates the historical loss data for Chevy SS vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentages above 100 point to more losses or tendency to have larger claims.
Chevrolet SS Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet SS 142 75 137BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
The best way we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area is to understand auto insurance companies participate in a system to provide you with a free rate quote. To get started, all you need to do is provide a small amount of information including how much school you completed, level of coverage desired, if the car is leased, and if you have an active license. Your insurance information is then submitted to many of the top insurers and they return cost estimate quickly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Chevy SS now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Tampa.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Florida. To get the best cheap car insurance in FL, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
Auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chevy SS in Tampa, maintaining insurance is required by state law in Florida and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your SS has a lienholder, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Chevy at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, auto insurance preserves both your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $865 each year so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Car insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be available discounts that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will be applied at quote time, but some need to be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower rate if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting car insurance coverage on a new SS is cheaper since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may reduce rates when you quote Tampa car insurance with select insurance companies.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to track when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Insurance companies that may include some of the discounts shown above include:
Before buying, ask each company how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in your state. To view insurers who offer cheap Chevy SS insurance quotes in Florida, follow this link.
Independent versus exclusive auto insurance agents
A lot of people still like to talk to a local agent and that can be a smart move Experienced insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. The best thing about comparing rates online is you can get cheap auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Tampa who will give you bids to get your business. There is no need to leave your house since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. If you need to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing a insurer requires you to look at more than just a low price. Any agent in Tampa should have no problem answering these questions:
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What discounts might you be missing?
When finding an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Tampa agents are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s important to point out the difference in the companies they write for because it can influence the type of agent you choose.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Tampa that are able to give rate quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
When searching for an agent, you absolutely need to contact independent agents for the best price selection.
Listed below are independent agencies in Tampa willing to provide comparison quotes.
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
When selecting the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Is my Chevy SS covered if I use it for business?
- Is my Chevy SS covered for smoke damage?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Cheaper insurance rates are possible
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
We covered some good ideas how you can reduce Chevy SS insurance rates online in Tampa. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest rates are with an unexpected company.
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, delays in paying claims, high prices and even lack of trust in their agent. Whatever your reason, finding the right insurance provider is not as hard as you think.
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Tampa? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Female in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Tampa? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Fusion in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)