Are you burned out from not being able to scrape enough together to pay high auto insurance rates every month? You are in the same boat as many other Florida drivers.
Statistics show that 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. The average driver in Tampa could save as much as $1,100 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don’t understand the actual amount they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy. Because there are so many options for buying lower-cost insurance for a Chevy Spark in Tampa, it is very difficult to locate the right company.
Companies offering Chevy Spark insurance in Florida
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Tampa, FL. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
Take policy discounts and save on Chevy Spark insurance in Tampa
Some providers do not advertise all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details both the well known as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance coverage on a new Spark can save up to 30% because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Own a Home – Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings because it is proof that your finances are in order.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Life Insurance – Select insurance carriers reward you with a lower rate if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Tampa car insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
As a footnote on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
Car insurance companies who may offer some of the discounts shown above possibly include:
If you are trying to find cheaper Tampa car insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts might not apply in every state. To find insurance companies with discount insurance rates in Florida, follow this link.
Local agents and auto insurance
Many people would rather go talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get lower prices but also keep your business local.
By using this simple form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to companies in Tampa that can give you free Tampa car insurance quotes to get your business. There is no reason to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to your email. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best insurance company should depend on more than just the premium amount. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
If you need to find an insurance agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Insurance agencies in Tampa can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types can handle auto insurance, but it’s worth learning the subtle differences because it can influence the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are well schooled on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below are Tampa exclusive agents that can give you price quote information.
Agents of this type do not sell for just one brand so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company which is easy for the insured. If you are comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to include rate quotes from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Tampa who can help you get price quotes.
Florida car insurance companies ranked
Choosing the best insurer is hard considering how many companies sell insurance in Florida. The company rank data listed below can help you choose which auto insurance companies to look at buying from.
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
More quotes mean more car insurance savings
Affordable Chevy Spark insurance in Tampa is available online as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies don’t offer internet price quotes and these regional carriers only sell through independent agents.
We’ve covered a lot of information how to find affordable Chevy Spark insurance in Tampa. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Tampa car insurance, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
Steps to finding cheaper Chevy Spark insurance in Tampa
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get affordable car insurance rates in Tampa is to regularly compare quotes from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Florida.
- Step 1: Try to learn about policy coverages and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as multiple speeding tickets and a negative credit history can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Start a quote
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new company or agent. Immediately upon receiving it, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One tip to remember is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Additional car insurance information is located at these links:
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Veterans in Tampa? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Seniors in Tampa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Tampa Auto Insurance Rates for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)