The preferred way to find cheaper prices for Subaru WRX insurance in Tampa is to compare quotes once a year from providers who can sell car insurance in Florida. You can shop around by following these steps.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of coverages and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many rating factors that drive up the price like at-fault accidents and a lousy credit rating can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover additional tips to keep prices down and find overlooked discounts.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper WRX coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit a completed application and payment to the new insurer. As soon as you have the new policy, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is to use identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Unbelievable but true according to a study nearly 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and about 40% of consumers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. The average driver in Florida could save an average of roughly $1,126 each year just by comparing rates, but they don’t invest the time required to compare other rate quotes.
If you’re already insured, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using the tips covered below. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Tampa is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. Although Florida vehicle owners need to have an understanding of the methods companies use to market insurance on the web because it varies considerably.
How to lower your Subaru WRX insurance cost in Tampa, FL
It’s important to know that more quotes provides better odds of finding the best offered rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide online rate quotes, so you also need to get price estimates from the smaller companies as well.
The following companies have been selected to offer free quotes in Florida. If you want to find cheaper auto insurance in FL, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Three reasons to insure your vehicle
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Subaru in Tampa, insuring your vehicle is required in Florida but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your WRX, almost all lenders will require you to have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Subaru for a much higher rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Subaru WRX but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $850 per year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Save with these premium slashing discounts
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but you might be missing out on some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Distant Student Discount – Any of your kids who live away from home at college and leave their car at home could qualify for this discount.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you have multiple policies with one company you could earn a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Tampa Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Early Signing – A few larger companies give discounts for buying a new policy before your current expiration date. You may see this discount when you get Tampa auto insurance quotes online.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a defensive driver course could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds that choose to allow their auto insurance company to look at their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will qualify for a discount on a Tampa auto insurance quote.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Insurance companies that have some of the above discounts include:
Check with all companies you are considering how you can save money. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Tampa. To choose providers with the best Subaru WRX insurance discounts in Tampa, click here.
Local Tampa auto insurance agents and auto insurance
Some people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to you instantly. You’ll get the best rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a particular provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best insurance company should include more criteria than just a low price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Where are claims handled?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
If you are searching for a reputable agency, you need to know there are two different agency structures that you can select. Auto insurance agents in Tampa are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below are Tampa exclusive agents who may provide you with price quote information.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. When comparison shopping, you will want to get quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Tampa who can help you get price quote information.
One last note
Some insurance providers do not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents. Cost effective Subaru WRX insurance can be purchased both online and also from your neighborhood Tampa agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
When shopping online for car insurance, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Tampa Auto Insurance for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)