If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get low-cost Scion xD insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers who sell insurance in Tampa. You can compare prices by following these steps.
First, try to comprehend the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and your credit history can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new rates to your current policy to determine if you can save on xD insurance in Tampa. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment for your new policy. Be sure to keep the new certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to make sure you’re comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It’s a fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Consumers who shop around for the cheapest price will, in all likelihood, switch to a new company because of the high probability of finding a lower-cost company. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who made a habit of comparing rates saved as much as $3,500 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the lowest rates on car insurance in Tampa is the reason for your visit, learning the best way to shop and compare coverages can help simplify the process.
Locating the best rates in Tampa is much easier if you have a good place to start. If you have a policy now or just want to save money, take advantage of these tips to reduce premiums without sacrificing coverage. Smart buyers only need an understanding of the quickest method to compare rates using one simple form.
Get cheaper Scion xD insurance rates in Tampa
Some companies don’t always publicize every policy discount very well, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and the more hidden discounts that may be available.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed with a military unit could trigger a small discount.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies with one insurance company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find low cost Scion xD insurance.
- Online Discount – Many companies will give a small break for buying your policy digitally online.
- Defensive Driving Course – Participating in a course in driver safety may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
Remember that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Scion xD car insurance rates with and without some available policy discounts. The data assumes a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Florida state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
Some of the larger companies that have these discounts include:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
When quoting, ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts may not be offered in your state.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Tampa, FL. To locate the best cheap auto insurance in FL, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Data for Scion xD insurance
The data table below highlights different coverage prices for Scion xD models. Being more informed about how insurance quotes are established can aid in making smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XD 4-Dr Hatchback||$312||$648||$418||$24||$124||$1,526||$127|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in specific Tampa garaging location which can lower or raise prices significantly.
How You Can Control Scion xD Insurance Costs
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the things that are used to determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get cheaper rates.
High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you need to insure makes a huge difference in your rates. The lowest performance passenger models usually have the lowest premiums, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The following chart uses these variables: married male driver age 50, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Scion xD policy rates compared to other models of vehicles that have different risk factors.
Job stress can make you pay more – Careers such as fire fighters, airline pilots, and emergency personnel tend to pay the highest average rates attributed to intense work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, jobs such as scientists, engineers and homemakers receive lower rates.
Cheaper rates after marriage – Having a spouse can actually save you money when shopping for auto insurance. Having a spouse may mean you are more financially stable it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
Premiums increase with driving tickets – Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates than bad drivers. Getting just one citation can increase the cost of insurance by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who get dangerous violations like reckless driving or DUI may be required to complete a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
The illustration below highlights how traffic violations and fender-benders can influence Scion xD yearly insurance costs for each age group. The rates are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Do I need special coverages?
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions could help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Scion xD?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- What is glass protection for?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Scion xD?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Local neighborhood agents and insurance
Many drivers still prefer to have an agent’s advice and doing so can bring peace of mind Agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Tampa who will give you bids for your business. You won’t need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you want to get a price quote for a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on a company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. Any good agent in Tampa should know the answers to these questions.
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
If you are wanting to find a reputable agency, there are two different types of agents from which to choose. Tampa agents can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either type can do a good job, but we need to point out how they differ because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type work for only one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years mainly due to high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Tampa that can give you price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Paul H. Phaneuf
3641 W Kennedy Blvd F – Tampa, FL 33609 – (813) 353-0303 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Rich Lovinger
4016 Henderson Blvd l – Tampa, FL 33629 – (813) 837-9329 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Bruce Kestenbaum
320 E Fletcher Ave – Tampa, FL 33612 – (813) 513-8800 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies so they can write business with multiple insurance companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company which requires no work on your part.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, you definitely need to get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most can insure with small regional insurance companies who may have lower rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Tampa who can help you get price quote information.
- L. Vega Insurance Agency
8019 N Himes Ave #100 – Tampa, FL 33614 – (813) 935-6629 – View Map
- Charlies Agents Insurance Agency
2701 N Himes Ave #201 – Tampa, FL 33607 – (813) 831-8363 – View Map
- GreatFlorida Insurance – Ceci Wise
1719 W Fletcher Ave – Tampa, FL 33612 – (813) 849-0125 – View Map
Upon getting good responses to any questions you may have as well as an affordable premium quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that can service your policy. Just remember it’s your policy and you can cancel a policy whenever you want so don’t feel that you’re stuck with a specific agent for the full term.
Why you need quality insurance for your vehicle
Even though Tampa xD insurance rates can get expensive, insurance serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Scion, it’s most likely the lender will force you to have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Scion for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Scion xD. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. On average, a vehicle owner in Tampa overpays as much as $830 a year so compare rates every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Auto insurance savings summarized
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can find lower-cost Scion xD insurance in Tampa. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get premium rates for, the better likelihood of getting affordable Scion xD insurance quotes. You may even discover the best car insurance rates are with a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
When you buy Tampa car insurance online, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice full coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Much more information about auto insurance in Florida is located below:
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Homeowners in Tampa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Tampa Car Insurance Quotes for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- How Much are Tampa Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)