Would you like to save money by finding cheaper insurance rates in Tampa, FL? Tampa buyers have a choice when searching for the best price on Volvo XC60 insurance. You can either spend your time contacting agents trying to get quotes or use the internet to get rate quotes. There is a better way to buy insurance so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to compare rates for a Volvo and find the lowest possible price from Tampa insurance agents and online providers.
How You Can Control Volvo XC60 Insurance Costs
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but other criteria are more obscure such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are. The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that go into determining your premiums. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that may result in better auto insurance rates.
Shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by insurance companies to determine prices.
- Theft deterrents save – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft deterrent systems like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all aid in stopping vehicle theft.
- You might want pay the inexpensive policy claims yourself – Car insurance companies in Florida award better rates to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Rates impacted by vehicle usage – The more you drive in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos left parked in the garage can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that have high annual mileage. A policy that improperly rates your XC60 is just wasting money. Double check that your vehicle rating is rated on the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Auto insurance rates and age – Youthful drivers in Florida are proven to be more careless when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. Older drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
The chart below is based on a single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Safety ratings are a factor – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates means your insurance company pays less which can mean better rates for you. If the Volvo XC60 is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may be receiving a better rate.
- Getting married can save you money – Being married helps lower the price on your policy. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more financially stable and insurance companies like that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Your occupation may affect premiums – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Jobs such as military generals, executives, and medical professionals tend to have higher rates than average in part from high stress levels and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, careers like professors, athletes and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – The majority of companies give lower prices to customers that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount consumers should still compare other company rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates. It’s possible to still find lower rates by buying auto insurance from a different company.
Volvo XC60 insurance loss probability – Insurance companies use past insurance losses when they file their rates in each state. Models that historically have increased claim numbers or amounts will have a higher premium rate. The data below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Volvo XC60 vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is set at 100. Numbers below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Volvo XC60 Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo XC60 4dr 2WD 79 74 70 60 53 55 Volvo XC60 4dr 4WD 93 82 75 66 64 57BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Volvo XC60 insurance coverage information
The rate information shown below covers a range of insurance rates for Volvo XC60 models. Being able to understand how insurance policy premiums are determined can assist in making smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC60 3.2 2WD||$276||$538||$334||$20||$100||$1,268||$106|
|XC60 3.2 AWD||$312||$538||$334||$20||$100||$1,304||$109|
|XC60 T6 AWD AWD||$312||$634||$334||$20||$100||$1,400||$117|
|XC60 T6-R AWD AWD||$348||$634||$334||$20||$100||$1,436||$120|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in specific location which can raise or lower price quotes substantially.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper auto insurance rates
The information below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions influence Volvo XC60 car insurance costs for each age group. The costs are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Slash your auto insurance rates with discounts
Companies do not list the complete list of policy discounts very well, so we researched both the well known and the harder-to-find discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Tampa auto insurance online.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of companies will give a small break just for signing your application on the internet.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance and place coverage with the same company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents have much lower rates when compared to bad drivers.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on XC60 insurance in Tampa.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts will reduce the amount you have to pay.
The illustration below shows the difference between Volvo XC60 yearly insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The prices are based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer these discounts include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company how you can save money. A few discounts may not apply in Tampa. To find companies that offer multiple discounts in Florida, click here to view.
You can find affordable coverage
We’ve covered a lot of information how to compare Volvo XC60 insurance rates in Tampa. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Tampa auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even find the best price on insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies work with independent agents. Cost effective Volvo XC60 insurance is available both online and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy non-renewal, delays in paying claims and even lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Volvo XC60 insurance in Tampa
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find more affordable Volvo XC60 insurance in Tampa is to regularly compare prices from insurers in Florida.
- Gain an understanding of how auto insurance works and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as speeding and poor credit rating can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on XC60 insurance. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Notify your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, store the certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One thing to remember is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and to quote with as many companies as possible. This enables a level playing field and the best rate selection.
Much more information about insurance in Florida is located below:
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)