The easiest way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from providers that insure vehicles in Tampa. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as your driving record and poor credit history can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
It’s a fact that insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Consumers who shop around annually are likely to switch to a new company because they have a good chance of finding lower rate quotes. A study discovered that consumers who regularly compared rates saved about $850 each year compared to those who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid insurance in Tampa is your target objective, then understanding how to find companies and compare cheaper coverage can save money and time.
If you have coverage now or are looking for a new policy, use these cost-cutting techniques to get lower rates and possibly find even better coverage. These tips will introduce you to how car insurance quotes work and also save some money in the process Vehicle owners only have to learn the least time-consuming way to compare rates online.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Tampa, FL. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Tampa, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Companies offer lots of discounts on Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid insurance in Tampa
Some insurers don’t always list every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of both the well known and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Distant Student – Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Tampa without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks off the medical payments premium.
- Online Discount – Some companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy on their website.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving less may enable drivers to earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Auto insurance companies that have some of the above discounts include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in Tampa. To locate companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Tampa, follow this link.
Five Things That Influence Your Insurance Rates
It’s important that you understand some of the things that go into determining the rates you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find lower car insurance prices. Many different elements are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but others are less apparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
The itemized list below are some of the things used by insurance companies to determine your premiums.
- Avoid traffic tickets – Even one moving violation can increase rates by twenty percent. Careful drivers receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. People who have serious violations such as DUI or reckless driving may find they need to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Bundle policies with the same company – The majority of companies will give a discount to insureds who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, drivers will still want to get quotes from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Drive less and get lower prices – The more miles you rack up on your Chrysler every year the higher your rates will be. A lot of companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles that are left in the garage can get a lower rate than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Improper usage on your Pacifica Hybrid may be costing you higher rates. Make sure your vehicle rating is showing the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
- Rates can be impacted by your employer – Occupations such as lawyers, social workers, and stock brokers tend to pay the highest rates because of stressful work requirements and long work days. Conversely, jobs like professors, athletes and performers generally pay rates lower than average.
- Performance impacts insurance costs – The type of vehicle you own makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. Lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles usually have the lowest premiums, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
What if I want to buy from local Tampa auto insurance agents?
Certain consumers just want to have an agent’s advice and we recommend doing that Good agents can help you choose the best coverages and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain lower rates and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. If you need to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. A good agent in Tampa will have answers to these questions.
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Tampa?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
Choose the right car insurance agent
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reliable agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agents are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either can sell affordable insurance policies, but we need to point out how they are different because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. A lot of people buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the prominent brand name rather than low rates.
Below are Tampa exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give price quote information.
- Pam Williams – State Farm Insurance Agent
10005 Gallant Ln – Tampa, FL 33625 – (813) 963-3216 – View Map
- Jim Cornwell – State Farm Insurance Agent
4305 W Bay to Bay Blvd – Tampa, FL 33629 – (813) 835-8892 – View Map
- Robin Simmons – State Farm Insurance Agent
2425 S Dale Mabry Hwy a – Tampa, FL 33629 – (813) 258-2828 – View Map
Agents that choose to be independent do not sell for just one brand and that enables them to quote your coverage with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing insurance prices, you definitely need to include rate quotes from independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Many can place coverage with less well-known companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Tampa that are able to give price quotes.
- Seibert Insurance Agency
5121 Ehrlich Rd #111 – Tampa, FL 33624 – (813) 960-4672 – View Map
- Mesa Insurance Agent
Tampa, FL 33603 – Tampa, FL 33603 – (813) 442-4179 – View Map
- Northside Insurance Agency
14009 N Dale Mabry Hwy – Tampa, FL 33618 – (813) 960-5225 – View Map
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance should reflect that
For instance, these questions may help you determine if you may require specific advice.
- Are my friends covered when driving my Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Florida minimum liability coverage?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Florida car insurance company ratings
Finding the best auto insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies there are to choose from in Florida. The company rank data displayed below may help you select which auto insurance companies you want to consider shopping prices with.
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
One last thing about your coverage
We covered many ways to save on Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid insurance in Tampa. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a small local company. Some small companies often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Much more information about auto insurance in Florida is available on the following sites:
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenage Females in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)