Anyone knows that auto insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who shop around annually are inclined to switch insurance companies because there are good odds of finding lower rate quotes. A recent survey discovered that consumers who routinely compared rates saved approximately $70 a month compared to other drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If saving money on Chevy City Express insurance in Tampa is why you’re reading this, understanding the best way to compare coverage rates can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
Really, the only way to quote cheaper Chevy City Express insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies who provide auto insurance in Tampa. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
Step 1: Learn about the different coverages in a policy and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as careless driving and a not-so-good credit score can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper City Express coverage is available. If you can save some money and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment and a signed application to your new insurance company. Be sure to put the certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use identical coverage information on every quote and and to get quotes from every insurance company. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
If you have insurance now or just want cheaper rates, you can learn to find the best rates while maintaining coverages. Getting quotes for the lowest-priced protection in Tampa can be fairly easy. Smart buyers just need to understand how to buy auto insurance on the web.
The best way to compare car insurance rates for Chevy City Express insurance in Tampa is to know car insurance companies have advanced systems to compare their rates. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give them some information including daily mileage, which vehicles you own, if the vehicle is leased, and if you require a SR-22. Those rating factors is automatically sent to multiple companies and they provide comparison quotes with very little delay.
To start a rate quote now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies in the list below can provide price comparisons in Tampa, FL. If you want to find cheaper car insurance in Tampa, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Chevy City Express insurance rates and statistics
The price information displayed next highlights detailed analysis of coverage costs for Chevy City Express models. Being more informed about how insurance quotes are established can assist in making informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|City Express Cargo 2500 2WD||$304||$522||$426||$26||$128||$1,406||$117|
|City Express Cargo 1500 2WD||$304||$636||$426||$26||$128||$1,520||$127|
|City Express Cargo 3500 2WD||$348||$636||$426||$26||$128||$1,564||$130|
|City Express 2500 LT 2WD||$348||$636||$426||$26||$128||$1,564||$130|
|City Express 2500 2WD||$348||$636||$426||$26||$128||$1,564||$130|
|City Express 2500 LS 2WD||$348||$636||$426||$26||$128||$1,564||$130|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$348||$636||$426||$26||$128||$1,564||$130|
|City Express Cargo 1500 AWD||$348||$636||$426||$26||$128||$1,564||$130|
|City Express 1500 LS 2WD||$348||$636||$426||$26||$128||$1,564||$130|
|City Express 1500 LS AWD||$348||$748||$426||$26||$128||$1,676||$140|
|City Express 1500 AWD||$348||$748||$426||$26||$128||$1,676||$140|
|City Express 1500 LT 2WD||$348||$748||$426||$26||$128||$1,676||$140|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$348||$748||$426||$26||$128||$1,676||$140|
|City Express Cargo 2500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$392||$748||$426||$26||$128||$1,720||$143|
|City Express 3500 LT 2WD||$392||$748||$426||$26||$128||$1,720||$143|
|City Express 3500 LS 2WD||$392||$748||$426||$26||$128||$1,720||$143|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$392||$748||$426||$26||$128||$1,720||$143|
|City Express 1500 LT AWD||$392||$748||$426||$26||$128||$1,720||$143|
|City Express Cargo 3500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$392||$748||$426||$26||$128||$1,720||$143|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel AWD||$392||$748||$426||$26||$128||$1,720||$143|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can increase or decrease premium rates significantly.
The chart below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can change Chevy City Express insurance prices for each different age group. The data is based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The information below compares Chevy City Express auto insurance costs with and without full coverage. The rate quotes are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no written rule to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Chevy City Express replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $800 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are a few cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Get discounts to get affordable Tampa car insurance rates
Car insurance can be pricey, but you may find discounts that you may not even know about. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be requested specifically before being credited. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Student Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- Sign Early and Save – Select larger companies give a discount for switching policies prior to your current City Express insurance policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Seniors can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Good Grades Discount – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
A quick disclaimer, some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
The information below shows the difference between Chevy City Express insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The premiums assume a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Florida state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, multi-policy, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- 21st Century has savings for student driver, anti-lock brakes, homeowners, teen driver, driver training, and defensive driver.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- State Farm offers discounts for student away at school, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, good student, anti-theft, and defensive driving training.
- Nationwide offers discounts including accident-free, good student, anti-theft, business or organization, Farm Bureau membership, and easy pay.
- Esurance may include discounts for paid-in-full, multi-policy, multi-car, renters, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford includes discounts for air bag, driver training, bundle, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company how many discounts you can get. A few discounts may not apply to policies in your state.
Why insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy City Express in Tampa, paying for insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average driver in Florida is overpaying over $825 a year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
How to find a good Tampa car insurance company
Finding the best car insurance company can be a challenge considering how many companies there are to choose from in Tampa. The company ratings in the lists below may help you decide which providers you want to consider when looking for cheaper rates.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Compare prices but still have a local neighborhood Tampa car insurance agent
Many drivers prefer to talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and also buy local. And supporting local agencies is important especially in Tampa.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to participating agents in Tampa who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Different types of Tampa car insurance agents
When researching a reputable agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies that you can select. Insurance agents are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either can do a good job, but it is important to understand the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles through many companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rate quotes, you should always contact a few independent agents to get the best comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through mutual insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Featured below are independent insurance agents in Tampa who can help you get pricing information.
- A Complete Insurance Agency
5008 W Linebaugh Ave – Tampa, FL 33624 – (813) 865-9000 – View Map
- Florida Commercial Insurance
4915 W Cypress St – Tampa, FL 33607 – (813) 262-2303 – View Map
- Varney Agency | Tampa FL
5401 W Kennedy Blvd #230 – Tampa, FL 33609 – (813) 200-7261 – View Map
Exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. They are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers often use the same agent primarily because of the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Tampa who can help you get price quotes.
- Ray Mathews – State Farm Insurance Agent
15271 Amberly Dr – Tampa, FL 33647 – (813) 978-1898 – View Map
- John Lang – State Farm Insurance Agent
4023 W Waters Ave #5 – Tampa, FL 33614 – (813) 885-2748 – View Map
- State Farm: Jimmy Fisher
6920 E Fowler Ave – Tampa, FL 33617 – (813) 989-2037 – View Map
Picking an car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. These questions are important to ask:
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Tampa?