If price shopping Tampa auto insurance quotes online is new to you, you can easily be overwhelmed thanks to the incredible selection insurance agents and companies that all say they have the best rates for Audi Q3 insurance in Tampa.
It’s an obvious assumption that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Insureds who compare other prices are likely to move their business because there are good odds of finding a lower-priced company. A recent insurance study discovered that drivers who compared price quotes annually saved on average $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding budget-friendly Audi Q3 insurance in Tampa is your target objective, then having a good understanding how to shop and compare insurance coverage can help make the process easier.
It’s important to compare prices before your next renewal since prices change regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best quotes on Audi Q3 insurance in Tampa a couple years back there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you’re about to learn the tricks you need to know to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
The best way to compare insurance rates in your area is to know the fact auto insurance companies have advanced systems to compare their rates. The only thing you need to do is provide details like how much coverage you want, daily mileage, whether your vehicle is owned or leased, and an estimate of your credit level. That rating information is automatically sent to multiple insurance providers and they return cost estimate instantly.
To check car insurance prices now, click here then complete the form.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Tampa, FL. To locate the cheapest auto insurance in Florida, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Three reasons to not skimp on insurance
Despite the high cost, insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Audi with a loan, most banks will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Audi at a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your Audi Q3 and your assets. It will also cover medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Audi as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $800 each year so shop around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Audi Q3 insurance in Tampa
Some insurance providers do not advertise all available discounts very well, so the list below contains both well-publicized as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Own a Home and Save – Just owning your own home can save you money because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car model can be considerably cheaper because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Resident Student – Kids who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds who allow driving data submission to monitor where and when they drive remotely such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Claim Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you could save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
If you would like to view insurance companies with significant discounts in Tampa, click this link.
Insurance is available from local insurance agents
Some consumers would rather get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get better rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from local insurance agents is important especially in Tampa.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your information is sent to participating agents in Tampa who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. You can find the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you need to compare rates from a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
If you are wanting to find a local Tampa insurance agent, there are two types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Agencies in Tampa can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they quote lower rates, an independent agent can move your coverage and you can keep the same agent. If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you compare prices from a few independent agents to get the best comparison. Most independent agents also contract with small mutual carriers that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Tampa who may be able to give you free insurance rate quotes.
- Carron Insurance Agency, Inc
1010 W Cass St – Tampa, FL 33606 – (813) 926-0512 – View Map
- Seibert Insurance Agency
5121 Ehrlich Rd #111 – Tampa, FL 33624 – (813) 960-4672 – View Map
- Insurance Office of America
4915 W Cypress St – Tampa, FL 33607 – (888) 269-6019 – View Map
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than low price.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Tampa that can give you rate quotes.
- Jim Cornwell – State Farm Insurance Agent
4305 W Bay to Bay Blvd – Tampa, FL 33629 – (813) 835-8892 – View Map
- Mike Clamon – State Farm Insurance Agent
3816 S Dale Mabry Hwy – Tampa, FL 33611 – (813) 837-5421 – View Map
- Pam Williams – State Farm Insurance Agent
10005 Gallant Ln – Tampa, FL 33625 – (813) 963-3216 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
Auto insurance coverage information
Having a good grasp of car insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Audi Q3.
Due to the fact that many Florida drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (Florida limits are 10/20/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Normally these limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for immediate expenses for things like rehabilitation expenses, dental work and nursing services. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Liability insurance protects you from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 10/20/10 which stand for a $10,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for claims such as emergency aid, court costs and bail bonds. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. Florida requires minimum liability limits of 10/20/10 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like vandalism, a broken windshield, falling objects and damage from getting keyed. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Collision insurance covers damage to your Q3 caused by collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things such as hitting a mailbox, damaging your car on a curb, driving through your garage door, crashing into a building and backing into a parked car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also raise the deductible on your Q3 to bring the cost down.
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced collision coverage only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, lack of trust in their agent, denial of a claim and high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason, finding a new auto insurance company can be pretty painless.
The cheapest Audi Q3 insurance in Tampa can be bought both online in addition to many Tampa insurance agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. Some auto insurance companies may not offer internet price quotes and usually these small insurance companies work with independent agencies.
Steps to finding discount Audi Q3 insurance in Tampa
It takes a little time, but the best way to get more affordable Audi Q3 insurance in Tampa is to regularly compare prices from companies who provide car insurance in Florida.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many risk factors that cause high rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if cheaper Q3 coverage is available. If you find better rates and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new insurer. Once the application is submitted, place the new certificate of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
A good piece of advice is to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides a level playing field and the best price selection.
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Fusion in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)