A recent study showed that the vast majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. The average driver in the U.S. could save $859 every year by just shopping around, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to find lower-cost rates by getting comparison quotes.
The easiest way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from insurers who sell auto insurance in Tampa.
- Spend some time learning about auto insurance and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many factors that result in higher rates like careless driving and a negative credit history can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article provides information to help prevent costly coverage and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies. Get quotes now
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed application and payment to your new company or agent. As soon as you have the new policy, put the new proof of insurance certificate in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to analyze every company you can. This guarantees a fair price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Free Tampa Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance price quotes
Most companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO allow you to get insurance quotes directly from their websites. Getting quotes for Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance in Tampa is pretty easy as you just enter the coverages you want as detailed in the form. Upon sending the form, the company’s rating system will obtain credit information and your driving record and generates pricing information.
Being able to quote online for Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance in Tampa helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s also necessary to perform this step if you want to find the most affordable premium.
If you want to compare rates now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you type in the coverages as shown on your current policy. Doing this assures you will have rate quotes using the exact same coverages.
The car insurance companies shown below offer price quotes in Tampa, FL. To find the cheapest auto insurance in Tampa, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Detailed insurance information
The coverage information displayed below covers estimates of policy rates for Mazda MX-5 Miata models. Learning how rate quotes are figured can assist in making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MX-5 Miata Sport 2-Dr Convertible||$256||$410||$366||$22||$110||$1,164||$97|
|MX-5 Miata Touring 2-Dr Convertible||$294||$500||$366||$22||$110||$1,292||$108|
|MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2-Dr Convertible||$294||$500||$366||$22||$110||$1,292||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can raise or lower premiums substantially.
Drive safe and save
The illustration below demonstrates how traffic citations and accidents drive up Mazda MX-5 Miata car insurance rates for each age group. The premiums assume a single female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Cost of full coverage in Tampa
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Mazda MX-5 Miata auto insurance rates with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The data is based on a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no exact formula to drop full coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Mazda MX-5 Miata book value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying more than $200 annually to have full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are a few cases where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Here’s why car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, paying for car insurance is required in Florida but it also protects you in many ways.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Mazda MX-5 Miata, most banks will force you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Mazda at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Mazda gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. An average driver in America is wasting up to $750 every year so it’s recommended you shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Learn How to Quote Auto Insurance Cheaper
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower rates. Many different elements are used when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like an MVR report, although others are more transparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
- Prices and your address – Being located in less populated areas of the country may provide you with better prices when it comes to auto insurance. Fewer people translates into fewer accident claims and lower theft and vandalism rates. Urban drivers regularly have congested traffic and much longer commute distances. More time behind the wheel statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
Is insurance cheaper for men or women? – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean males are worse at driving than females. Males and females tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species get into accidents with more damage. Men also tend to get higher numbers of serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Young men ages 16 to 20 cause the most accidents so they pay the highest premiums.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no claims or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Combine policies and save money – The majority of insurance companies afford lower prices to customers who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be as much as ten percent or more Even with this discount, consumers should still shop around to verify if the discount is saving money.There is a chance you can find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
Vehicle risk impacts costs – The make and model of the car you need to insure makes a significant difference in determining your rates. The best insurance prices are usually found on lower cost passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The chart below uses these assumptions: single female driver age 50, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance rates compared to other models that have different performances.
- Save miles driven and save money – Driving more miles each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Almost all companies calculate prices based on their usage. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. Double check that your declarations sheet correctly shows the right rating data. Having the wrong rating on your MX-5 Miata may be costing you higher rates.
- Minor frequent policy claims are not good – If you file a lot of claims you shouldn’t be surprised to get higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in Florida award the best rates to people who file claims infrequently. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
Mazda MX-5 Miata claim data – Companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to help determine the rate you pay. Vehicles that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claims will be charged more to insure. The next table shows the loss history for Mazda MX-5 Miata vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is set at 100. Percentage values below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate more frequent losses or larger claims.
Mazda MX-5 Miata Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 76 61 74 72BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance can be complex
When it comes to buying coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Does my Mazda MX-5 Miata need full coverage?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
What is the best auto insurance company in Florida?
Finding the top auto insurance company can be challenging considering how many choices drivers have in Tampa. The company rank data in the next section could help you pick which insurers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
One last thing to lower rates
Lower-priced Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance in Tampa can be purchased from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Tampa, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online price quotes and usually these regional carriers sell through independent agents.
When getting Tampa car insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance in Tampa. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Tampa car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best auto insurance rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Tampa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Tampa Car Insurance Quotes for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Tampa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Tampa Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)