It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Drivers who compare other rates will probably buy a new policy because they stand a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent survey discovered that consumers who regularly compared rates saved as much as $860 a year compared to those who never compared prices.
If finding low prices for auto insurance in Tampa is your intention, then having an understanding of how to get rate quotes and compare coverage rates can make it easier to find better rates.
If you want to save money, the best way to find better pricing on Kia Stinger insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from insurers in Tampa.
- Get a basic knowledge of policy coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as your driving record and an imperfect credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper Stinger coverage is available in Tampa. If you can save some money and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the newly selected company. As soon as you receive it, place your new certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
One piece of advice is to compare the same level of coverage on each quote and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and maximum price selection.
If you currently have car insurance, you will definitely be able to find better prices using the concepts you’re about to learn. Finding affordable coverage in Tampa can be made easier if you know where to look. Nevertheless, Florida car owners must comprehend the way insurance companies determine what you pay and apply this information to your search.
The most recommended method to get policy rate comparisons for Kia Stinger insurance in Tampa takes advantage of the fact almost all companies actually pay money for the chance to provide you with free rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information such as if you have a valid license, an estimate of your credit level, whether or not you need a SR-22, and if you’re married. Your information is then submitted to many different companies and you receive quotes within a short period of time.
To check rates for your Kia Stinger now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Tampa.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Tampa, FL. To get the best cheap auto insurance in Tampa, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get the most competitive price.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not even know about. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but a few must be specially asked for before they will apply. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you are just wasting money.
- Student Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course in school.
- Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Sign Early and Save – A few car insurance companies give discounts for buying a new policy before your current expiration date. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying coverage on a new vehicle may earn a small discount since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds who allow companies to monitor where and when they drive by using a telematic data system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- Multi-line Discount – Some insurance carriers give a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Waiver for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO will allow you to have one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims for a specific time period.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Some of the larger companies that may include some of the discounts shown above include:
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Tampa. To choose insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Tampa, click here.
Protect your Kia Stinger and other assets
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Kia Stinger in Tampa, buying insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Kia with a loan, most lenders will have a requirement that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Kia at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in Florida is overpaying over $825 a year so shop around at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
What if I want to buy from local Tampa insurance agencies?
Many people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheaper prices and still buy from a local agent. Supporting local agencies is especially important in Tampa.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the quote information is sent to local insurance agents in Tampa that can provide free Tampa auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
If you want to buy insurance from an insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they operate. Insurance agencies can either be exclusive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents do not have single company limitations so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to contact multiple independent agents for the best price selection.
The following are Tampa independent insurance agencies that can possibly get you free rate quotes.
Central Florida Insurance Agency of Town ‘N’ Country
7753 W Waters Ave – Tampa, FL 33615 – (813) 885-2900 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following are Tampa exclusive agencies that can give you price quote information.
American Family Agencies
8501 N Florida Ave – Tampa, FL 33604 – (813) 930-0400 – View Map
Picking an auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
After talking to the agent and getting good feedback to any questions you may have and a good coverage price, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to properly service your insurance policy.