It’s a fact that insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Insureds who shop around at least once a year are very likely to switch companies because there is a significant possibility of finding a policy with more affordable rates. Remarkably, a study showed that people who routinely compared quotes saved over $70 a month compared to other drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the lowest price for Pontiac Montana insurance in Tampa is the reason for your visit, then having some insight into the best ways to find and compare insurance premiums can make the process more efficient.
The best way we recommend to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Tampa is to start comparing prices yearly from companies that insure vehicles in Florida. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and a negative credit history can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for additional ideas to get cheaper coverage and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Tampa. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for the new coverage. Be sure to safely store the proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One thing to point out is to make sure you enter similar coverage information on each quote request and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
If you have car insurance now, you will be able to buy cheaper car insurance using these methods. Finding and buying affordable car insurance in Tampa is easy if you know what you’re doing. But Florida vehicle owners do need to understand the way companies market on the web because rates fluctuate considerably.
Save with these nine rate reducing discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you can get discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Professional Memberships – Being a member of a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for insurance.
- No Claim Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some insurance carriers give a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Completing a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds who allow their insurance company to track their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- Paperless Signup – A few insurance companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy over the internet.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for student driver, automatic seat belts, defensive driver, 55 and older, and air bags.
- State Farm discounts include passive restraint, multiple policy, accident-free, anti-theft, and driver’s education.
- AAA includes discounts for anti-theft, AAA membership discount, multi-car, multi-policy, pay-in-full, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include new graduate, newly retired, preferred payment discount, hybrid vehicle, new move discount, and good student.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. To see a list of insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Tampa, follow this link.
Keep in mind that having more price comparisons helps you find more affordable rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide price estimates online, so it’s necessary to compare rates from the smaller companies as well.
The providers in the list below provide free quotes in Tampa, FL. In order to find the cheapest auto insurance in Tampa, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Insurance agencies can help
Some people prefer to get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is you can get better rates and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Tampa who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. You can get cheaper car insurance rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to get a price quote from a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right provider should depend on more than just a low price. A good agent in Tampa will have answers to these questions.
- Does the company have a local claim office in Tampa?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
Best auto insurance in Tampa
Finding a highly-rated auto insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies are available to choose from in Tampa. The ranking information listed below can help you select which insurers you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
What car insurance coverages do you need?
Having a good grasp of car insurance can help you determine the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses such as hospital visits, doctor visits, dental work, EMT expenses and prosthetic devices. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – This provides protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (10/20/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Collision – This will pay to fix damage to your Montana caused by collision with an object or car. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things such as colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail and driving through your garage door. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your Montana to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive auto coverage – This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as vandalism, falling objects, damage from a tornado or hurricane and hitting a bird. The maximum payout your car insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability – Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 10/20/10 that translate to a limit of $10,000 per injured person, a total of $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as medical expenses, attorney fees and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Florida state minimum liability requirements are 10/20/10 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
The chart below demonstrates why the minimum limit may not be adequate coverage.
Cheaper auto insurance is a realistic goal
Cheap Pontiac Montana insurance in Tampa can be purchased on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not have the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to compare Pontiac Montana insurance premium rates in Tampa. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Tampa auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim or even unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new auto insurance company can be pretty painless.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available by following these links:
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Young Drivers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for College Students in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)