If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from insurers in Tampa. This can be done by completing these steps.
Step 1: Read about policy coverages and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you’re comparing the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
A recent insurance study revealed that the vast majority of insurance customers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and just under half have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. With the average premium in Florida being $2,200, drivers can save almost 55% each year just by shopping around, but they don’t know how much savings they would realize if they just switched companies.
The goal of this article is to instruct you on how car insurance quotes work and some tricks to saving. If you are already insured, you will surely be able to reduce the price you pay using these tips. Drivers just have to understand the least time-consuming way to compare company rates from many different companies online.
Best companies for affordable Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Florida
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Florida. If you wish to find the best car insurance in Florida, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
Get discounts on Tampa auto insurance
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but you may find discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some trigger automatically when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied before being credited.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more on Mirage insurance in Tampa.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for better auto insurance rates.
- Distant Student Discount – Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may save up to 20% off your total Mirage insurance premium.
- Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By making one initial payment rather than paying in monthly installments you may reduce your total bill.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
For a list of companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Tampa, click this link.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage online or from an agent, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- If my Mitsubishi Mirage is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Exclusive versus independent car insurance agents
A small number of people prefer to go talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Experienced insurance agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is you can get lower rates but also keep your business local. Supporting local insurance agents is especially important in Tampa.
After completing this simple form, the quote information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. If you need to compare prices for a specific company, you would need to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Choose the right car insurance agent
When looking for a local agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents to choose from. Car insurance agencies are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either can write policy coverage, but we need to point out the subtle differences since it may influence the selection process.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not employed by one company so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rates, we recommend you contact several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller mutual companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Tampa that may be able to give you rate quotes.
- L. Vega Insurance Agency
8019 N Himes Ave #100 – Tampa, FL 33614 – (813) 935-6629 – View Map
- GreatFlorida Insurance – Ceci Wise
1719 W Fletcher Ave – Tampa, FL 33612 – (813) 849-0125 – View Map
- Seibert Insurance Agency
5121 Ehrlich Rd #111 – Tampa, FL 33624 – (813) 960-4672 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents generally can only insure with one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. They are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. A lot of people use the same agent partially due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below are Tampa exclusive agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Mike Foley – State Farm Insurance Agent
3704 W Swann Ave – Tampa, FL 33609 – (813) 289-7888 – View Map
- American Family Agencies
8501 N Florida Ave – Tampa, FL 33604 – (813) 930-0400 – View Map
- Patricia Potts – State Farm Insurance Agent
4644 W Gandy Blvd #5 – Tampa, FL 33611 – (813) 286-3077 – View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Tampa?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
Persistence pays off
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Discount Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Tampa can be sourced on the web as well as from insurance agents, so get free Tampa car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies only sell through local independent agencies.
We just showed you a lot of ways to find lower-cost Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Tampa. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Mitsubishi Mirage rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small mutual company.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found by following these links:
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape in Tampa? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)