To save the most money, the best way to save on Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance is to compare prices regularly from insurers who provide car insurance in Tampa.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about car insurance and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like distracted driving and an unfavorable credit rating can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for instructions to help prevent expensive coverage and find possible discounts that are available.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from many different companies. View a list of agents
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed application and payment to the new insurer. Make sure you place your new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
One piece of advice is to use similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. Doing this enables a level playing field and a good representation of prices.
It’s safe to assume that insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. People who compare rates at least once a year are very likely to switch companies because they have a good chance of finding lower prices. A recent insurance study revealed that drivers who routinely compared quotes saved as much as $3,450 over four years compared to policyholders who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the lowest price on insurance is your ultimate goal, then having some insight into how to shop and compare insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
Cheap Tampa auto insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance companies do not list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to you. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car instead of a used i-MiEV can cost up to 25% less because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Smart Student Discounts – Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on Tampa car insurance quote as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for multiple cars on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you lower auto insurance rates if you buy a life policy as well.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies prior to your current i-MiEV insurance policy expiring. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- E-sign – A handful of insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for completing your application over the internet.
You can save money using discounts, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you could get a free auto insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
Companies who might offer these discounts include:
If you are trying to find inexpensive Tampa car insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in every state. To choose insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Florida, click here to view.
Shop Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance online
Most of the larger companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive provide insurance quotes from their websites. Getting Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance prices online is very simple as you just type in your coverage information on the page. Behind the scenes, their quoting system will obtain credit information and your driving record and returns pricing information based on these factors. This simplifies rate comparisons, and it is important to do this in order to get the cheapest possible prices on car insurance.
To compare pricing, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you replicate the insurance coverages just like they are on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will be getting a fair comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Florida. To locate cheaper auto insurance in Tampa, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
What if I want to buy from local Tampa auto insurance agents?
Some consumers still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Good agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheaper rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Tampa.
By using this quick form, the quote information is emailed to insurance agents in Tampa that provide free Tampa car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to do any legwork because prices are sent directly to your email. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
If you want a reliable insurance agent, you should know the different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Agencies in Tampa are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can provide insurance policies, but we need to point out the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not employed by one company and that allows them to write policies through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you stay with the same agent. When comparing insurance rates, you definitely need to get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Shown below are Tampa independent agencies that may be able to provide competitive price quotes.
Central Florida Insurance Agency of Town ‘N’ Country
7753 W Waters Ave – Tampa, FL 33615 – (813) 885-2900 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Tampa that are able to give comparison quotes.
Choosing an auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- What company do they have the most business with?
Auto insurance coverages 101
Knowing the specifics of auto insurance aids in choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. These are the normal coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Medical expense coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for bills for things like dental work, funeral costs, chiropractic care, doctor visits and rehabilitation expenses. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Mitsubishi i-MiEV.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (10/20/10 in Florida), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Normally these limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as theft, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, falling objects, vandalism and damage from flooding. The maximum payout your auto insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage protection
This will pay to fix damage to your i-MiEV caused by collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things such as rolling your car, hitting a parking meter, crashing into a building, backing into a parked car and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. You can also raise the deductible on your i-MiEV to bring the cost down.
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see limits of 10/20/10 which stand for a $10,000 limit per person for injuries, $20,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for claims like structural damage, medical services, legal defense fees and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Florida requires minimum liability limits of 10/20/10 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below shows why buying minimum limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
When shopping online for insurance, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an insured cut physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance in Tampa. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even find the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. They may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
Additional detailed information can be found in these articles:
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tampa Car Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)