It’s a fact that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Drivers who get price quotes annually will, in all likelihood, buy a different policy because of the high probability of finding better rates. Remarkably, a study showed that people who shopped around every year saved as much as $72 a month compared to other drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the best rates on Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Tampa is the reason you’re here, then learning about the best ways to shop for insurance rates can save time, money, and frustration.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find the cheapest price for Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies that sell auto insurance in Tampa.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and poor credit rating can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper C350 coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One piece of advice is that you’ll want to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get rates from all possible companies. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Do you qualify for discounts on Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Tampa?
Car insurance is not cheap, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some discounts will apply when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual may permit one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a specific time period.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on C350 insurance in Tampa.
- Safe Driver Discount – Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Tampa car insurance quote compared to accident prone drivers.
- Federal Employees – Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction depending on your car insurance provider.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- No Claim Discounts – Claim-free drivers have much lower rates as compared to policyholders that have many claims.
You should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The diagram below shows the difference between Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance prices with and without discounts applied. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Florida state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
Some companies who might offer most of the discounts above may include but are not limited to:
If you want cheaper Tampa car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to see a list of providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Florida, follow this link.
The most recommended method to compare rates for Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Tampa is to understand all the major auto insurance companies participate in a system to give you rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is give the companies some data including your education level, any included safety features, whether you have decent credit, and how your vehicles are used. That rating data is sent automatically to multiple different insurance companies and they return quotes with very little delay.
To compare rates for your Mercedes-Benz C350 now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies in the list below offer comparison quotes in Florida. If you want the best car insurance in Florida, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Rates and information analytics
The rate information displayed below highlights different insurance prices for Mercedes-Benz C350 models. Learning a little about how rate quotes are established helps drivers make smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|C350 W 4-Dr Sedan||$254||$494||$392||$24||$118||$1,282||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in vehicle location which can influence auto insurance rates substantially.
The illustration below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can influence Mercedes-Benz C350 yearly insurance costs for different age categories. Data assumes a married female driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The information below compares Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The premiums assume no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There isn’t a written rule to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Mercedes-Benz C350 claim settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are currently paying more than $400 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some scenarios where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Mercedes-Benz C350 Insurance Premiums Can Be Reduced
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, although some other factors are not as apparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
- Higher physical damage deductibles cost less – Physical damage insurance, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your Mercedes-Benz. Examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, or theft. Your deductibles represent how much money you are required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The more of the claim you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Most larger insurance companies will award better rates to customers that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, consumers should still comparison shop to ensure the best deal.
- Don’t cut corners with liability insurance – The liability section of your policy will protect you when you are found liable for an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Low credit history equals high costs – Having a good credit rating can be an important factor in determining what you pay. If your credit rating can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Mercedes-Benz C350 by taking the time to improve your credit score. Insureds with very high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than those with poor credit.
- Big cities mean more claims – Living in a small town is a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Less people translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. City drivers have to deal with more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. More time commuting translates into higher accident risk.
Do I need special coverages?
When quoting and choosing a policy for your vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- What is PIP insurance?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Mercedes-Benz C350 is totaled?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Local agents and car insurance
Certain consumers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and we recommend doing that An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find lower rates and still have a local agent.
After filling out this simple form, the coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. Get lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best insurance company should depend on more than just the premium amount. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- How long has their agency been open in Tampa?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Tampa?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
When looking for a reliable insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only place business with one company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. These agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Tampa who may provide you with price quote information.
- Jerry Perez – State Farm Insurance Agent
9724 N Armenia Ave #200 – Tampa, FL 33612 – (813) 931-3000 – View Map
- Patricia Potts – State Farm Insurance Agent
4644 W Gandy Blvd #5 – Tampa, FL 33611 – (813) 286-3077 – View Map
- Lang Adams – State Farm Insurance Agent
5051 Memorial Hwy – Tampa, FL 33634 – (813) 243-1300 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not required to write business for one company so they can quote policies with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can just switch to a different company which makes it simple for you.
When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you get quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. Most also write with smaller mutual companies which could offer lower prices.
Below are independent agencies in Tampa that can give you price quotes.
- ABC Neighborhood Insurance
1336 W Fletcher Ave – Tampa, FL 33612 – (813) 932-0000 – View Map
- Insurance Office of America
4915 W Cypress St – Tampa, FL 33607 – (888) 269-6019 – View Map
- American Landmark Insurance
4229 W Kennedy Blvd – Tampa, FL 33609 – (813) 289-2277 – View Map
After getting positive responses to all your questions and an affordable coverage quote, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that can properly insure your vehicles.
Insurance is not optional in Florida
Even though it can be expensive, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Mercedes-Benz C350 has a loan, most lenders will force you to buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Mercedes-Benz for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Mercedes-Benz. Insurance will pay for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so shop around once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Find cheap rates by being thorough
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Cheap Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Tampa can be found online in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Tampa car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not offer rates over the internet and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell through independent agencies.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Homeowners in Tampa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Tampa? (FAQ)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)