Have you finally had enough of scraping the payment together to buy car insurance? Your situation is no different than many other drivers in Florida.
A recent survey discovered that most consumers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for more than four years, and 38% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Tampa consumers could save themselves almost 55% a year by just shopping around, but they just don’t want to compare rates.
Steps to finding cheaper Lexus LS 600h L insurance in Tampa
The best way we recommend to get budget car insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from companies who can sell car insurance in Tampa.
- First, try to learn a little about policy coverages and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like traffic violations and a not-so-good credit score can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment and a completed application for the new policy. Once coverage is bound, place the new proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A good tip to remember is to compare identical coverages on each quote and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO continually hit you with catchy ads and it is challenging if not impossible to avoid their marketing magic and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
It’s important to compare prices yearly because car insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you think you had the best rates on Lexus LS 600h L insurance in Tampa two years ago you can probably find a better rate quote now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the fastest and easiest way to find great coverage at a great price.
The are a couple different ways of comparing rate quotes from many insurance companies in Florida. The fastest way to find cheaper Lexus LS 600h L rates consists of shopping online.
Getting rates online is very simple and it takes the place of having to physically go to and from local Tampa insurance agencies. Buying insurance online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you want the peace of mind that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. Although you can compare the best prices online but have your policy serviced through an agent. When comparison shopping, more quotes increases your odds of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online rate quotes, so it’s important to also get price estimates from those companies as well.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Tampa, FL. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Florida, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Cheaper Lexus LS 600h L insurance quotes in Tampa
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you might already qualify for some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but a few must be inquired about before they will apply.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Paper-free Discount – A few larger online companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on their website.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Tampa and leave their car at home could qualify for this discount.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
Don’t be surprised that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Some of the larger companies that may offer policyholders some of the above discounts include:
Double check with every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts may not be available in every state. To see insurers who offer auto insurance discounts in Tampa, follow this link.
Three reasons to insure your vehicle
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Lexus in Tampa, insurance is required in Florida but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Lexus at a more expensive rate and make you pay for it.
- Insurance preserves your Lexus LS 600h L and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Lexus gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays more than $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When quoting and choosing your policy for your personal vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Florida?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Neighborhood insurance agents
A small number of people still like to buy from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap auto insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is still important in Tampa.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is sent to insurance agents in Tampa that can give you free Tampa car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. It’s the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you wish to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance agents in Tampa are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Agents of this type are normally appointed by many insurers and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part.
When comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to compare quotes from independent agents for the best price selection.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Tampa who may provide price quote information.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can usually just insure with one company such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below are Tampa exclusive agents that can give you price quotes.
John Lang – State Farm Insurance Agent
4023 W Waters Ave #5 – Tampa, FL 33614 – (813) 885-2748 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Tampa?
- How long has the business existed?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Tampa?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
If you get answers to your satisfaction to any questions you may have and an affordable coverage quote, it’s possible that you found a car insurance agent that can service your policy. But remember, it’s your coverage and you can cancel your policy whenever you choose to so never assume you are locked into any specific company for any length of time.