It’s safe to conclude that insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Insureds who get comparison quotes once a year are highly likely to switch companies because there is a high probability of finding a lower-cost company. A study discovered that drivers who shopped around saved an average of $3,400 over four years compared to people who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the lowest price for auto insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then understanding the best ways to find and compare coverage rates can save time, money, and frustration.
The easiest way to find affordable Lexus IS 250 insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies that sell auto insurance in Tampa.
First, get an understanding of how insurance works and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many things that increase rates such as inattentive driving and a negative credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
Second, compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Tampa. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new company. As soon as you can, put the certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and to quote with as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
Low Cost Lexus insurance rate quotes in Tampa
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Tampa, FL. In order to find the best cheap car insurance in Tampa, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Premium rates and analysis
The rate information below showcases estimates of insurance prices for Lexus IS 250 models. Understanding more about how auto insurance premiums are established is important for you to make smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|IS 250 4-Dr Sedan||$406||$880||$354||$20||$106||$1,766||$147|
|IS 250 AWD 4-Dr||$452||$880||$354||$20||$106||$1,812||$151|
|IS 250 C 2-Dr Convertible||$452||$880||$418||$24||$124||$1,898||$158|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in garaging location in Tampa which can affect coverage rates considerably.
Careless driving habits raise auto insurance rates
The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and accident claims impact Lexus IS 250 auto insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The prices are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Lower rate quotes with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t list their entire list of discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may be able to get a slight reduction on a Tampa auto insurance quote.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies allow discounts for switching to them before your current expiration date. You may see this discount when you get Tampa auto insurance quotes online.
- Student Discounts – Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Own a Home and Save – Just being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on insurance because it shows financial diligence.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college and don’t have a car could qualify for this discount.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driver skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount and make you a better driver.
Don’t be surprised that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Lexus IS 250 car insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premiums assume a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Florida state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- American Family may offer discounts for bundled insurance, early bird, accident-free, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, driver training, 55 and retired, renewal discount, and youthful driver.
- State Farm offers discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, accident-free, defensive driving training, and passive restraint.
- Travelers has savings for multi-car, home ownership, save driver, driver training, student away at school, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- The Hartford discounts include anti-theft, defensive driver, bundle, air bag, vehicle fuel type, and good student.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including daytime running lights, driver training, defensive driver, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, and good student.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
Before buying, ask each company to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered everywhere. To choose insurance companies with the best Lexus IS 250 insurance discounts in Florida, click here.
Comparing prices from local Tampa insurance agents
Many people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is OK! One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain lower rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting local agencies is still important in Tampa.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to contact an agency because prices are sent to you. You can find better rates and work with a local agent. If you need to quote rates from a specific company, just jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right provider needs to be determined by more than just the price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Is there a local claims center in Tampa?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Florida?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
If you receive acceptable answers to all your questions and low cost Lexus IS 250 insurance quotes, it’s possible that you found an provider that meets the requirements to insure your vehicles. It’s important to know that policyholders can cancel your coverage whenever you choose to so don’t think you are locked into any specific company for any length of time.
A conclusion for your car insurance search
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, someone sacrificed collision coverage and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to lower your Lexus IS 250 insurance rates in Tampa. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. You may even discover the most savings is with the smaller companies. They may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Affordable Lexus IS 250 insurance in Tampa can be purchased from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Tampa agents, so you need to quote Tampa auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not have online quoting and most of the time these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found by following these links:
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 60 in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)