Sadly, the majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Many consumers in the U.S. can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare other rate quotes.
If you want to save money, the best way to get cheaper Lexus IS 200t insurance is to compare prices once a year from companies in Tampa. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Spend some time learning about what is in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as getting speeding tickets and a not-so-good credit history can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for your new coverage. Once the application is submitted, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
An important bit of advice to remember is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and to quote with as many companies as you can. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Free Tampa Lexus IS 200t insurance quotes
Finding cheaper Tampa car insurance quotes is an easy way to save money. The only requirement is to spend a little time comparing free Tampa car insurance quotes to find the company with affordable Tampa car insurance quotes.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it takes the place of having to make phone calls or go to insurance agents’ offices. Comparing Lexus IS 200t insurance rate quotes online has reduced the need for local agents unless you want the trained advice of a licensed agent. Some companies do allow you to get the lowest quotes online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide price quotes in Florida. If you wish to find the cheapest auto insurance in Tampa, FL, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Here’s why insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Lexus IS 200t, more than likely the lender will force you to carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Lexus for a lot more money and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Lexus gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your IS 200t more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $750 every year so we recommend shopping around every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Car insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Auto insurance companies do not list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both the well known and the harder-to-find credits available to bring down your rates.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a Tampa car insurance quote.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual permit an accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Tampa car insurance quote compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Distant Student Discount – Children who are attending college and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Having multiple cars on the same car insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you could get a free car insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
Companies that may offer policyholders some of the discounts shown above include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company how many discounts you can get. Discounts may not apply to policies in Tampa.
When should I have guidance from an insurance agency?
A lot of people would rather buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about getting online price quotes is that you can find lower rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from local agents is important especially in Tampa.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Tampa that can provide free Tampa car insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
If you’re trying to find a local insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance policy providers are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s worth learning the difference between them because it may have an impact on the type of agent you choose.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents do not sell for just one brand so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, you need to get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below is a partial list of independent agents in Tampa that may be able to provide free car insurance quotes.
Central Florida Insurance Agency of Town ‘N’ Country
7753 W Waters Ave – Tampa, FL 33615 – (813) 885-2900 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are highly trained in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below are Tampa exclusive agents that are able to give rate quotes.
Selecting a insurance agent should include more criteria than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Who are their largest clients?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
If you get satisfactory answers for all questions you ask and a low price estimate, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that will provide car insurance coverage. Keep in mind policyholders can cancel your policy at any time so don’t assume you are locked into a specific agent with no way out.
Don’t give up on affordable premiums
In this article, we covered many ways to get a better price on Lexus IS 200t insurance in Tampa. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Budget-conscious Lexus IS 200t insurance is possible online as well as from independent agents in Tampa, so get free Tampa car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some car insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)