Overpriced auto insurance in Tampa can stress out your accounts and possibly require you to analyze your spending habits. Price shopping at each renewal is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. People who compare rates at least once a year are very likely to switch auto insurance companies because they have a good chance of finding a policy with better rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who routinely compared rates saved as much as $3,450 over four years compared to people who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest price for auto insurance is your ultimate goal, then learning about the best way to compare insurance premiums can make it easier to find better rates.
Numerous insurance companies battle for your insurance dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to get the best rates possible on Lexus GS F insurance in Tampa.
If you have a policy now, you should be able to lower your rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. Finding the cheapest coverage in Tampa can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. Nevertheless, Florida car owners do need to understand how the larger insurance companies calculate your policy premium and use it to find better rates.
Save Money with These Tips
Many things are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but some are more obscure like where you live or how safe your car is.
The itemized list below are a few of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rates.
Vehicles with better crash test results mean better insurance rates – Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. These vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums.
Vehicle risk impacts premiums – The type of car or truck you need to insure makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. The cheapest insurance rates are usually for the lowest performance passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Some insurance companies afford a discount to insureds who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can be 10 percent or more. Even if you already get this discount, you may still want to get quotes from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Lower premiums with no policy lapses – Driving with no insurance can get your license suspended and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance coverage expire. In addition to paying higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You could then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Florida motor vehicle department.
Liability protection claims can be big – Your policy’s liability coverage kicks in when you are responsible for damages caused by your negligence. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Small coverages can add up – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that can add up on your GS F policy. Things like coverage for rental cars, high-cost glass coverage, and term life insurance may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem good at first, but if they’re wasting money remove them and pocket the money.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Lexus GS F insurance in Tampa
Some insurers don’t list every available discount very clearly, so we took the time to find a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles may allow you to get discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Select companies reward you with a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- Payment Method – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like GEICO and Allstate permit an accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims before the accident.
- Tampa Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for a slight reduction on a Tampa auto insurance quote.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will help reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
To view insurance companies who offer discounts in Tampa, follow this link.
What is the best auto insurance company in Tampa?
Picking the top company is difficult considering how many companies are available to choose from in Tampa. The ranking information below may help you select which providers to look at when comparing rates.
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Get the best coverage at the lowest price
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, lack of trust in their agent, high rates after DUI convictions or even extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching insurance companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When you buy Tampa auto insurance online, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Affordable Lexus GS F insurance in Tampa is attainable both online in addition to many Tampa insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not provide online quoting and usually these small insurance companies sell through local independent agencies.
How to find cheaper Lexus GS F insurance in Tampa
The best way to get budget Lexus GS F insurance in Tampa is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Florida.
- Try to learn about policy coverages and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many factors that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents and bad credit can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for many different companies. Get quotes now
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new carrier. Immediately upon receiving it, put the proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle’s registration.
One tip to remember is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Additional detailed information can be read at these sites:
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)