Having to pay for overpriced auto insurance in Tampa can dry up your budget, especially in this economy. Comparing rate quotes can save money and help to lower your monthly bill.
It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Insureds who compare price quotes are inclined to switch companies because they have good chances of finding a more affordable policy premium. A study discovered that people who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved over $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If saving money on auto insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then having a good understanding how to quote and compare car insurance can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
How to save money on Lexus GS 350 insurance in Tampa
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find lower priced Lexus GS 350 insurance in Tampa is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers in Florida.
First, read about the coverage provided by your policy and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an imperfect credit history can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Later in this article we will cover information to get cheaper rates and find additional discounts.
Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
Third, compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available in Tampa. If you can save money and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a signed application and payment to the new insurer. Once coverage is bound, keep the new certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to look at as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Because there are so many online and local companies to choose from, it’s difficult to choose the cheapest insurance company.
Comparing quotes for affordable auto insurance coverage in Tampa is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have insurance now or want to find a cheaper company, use these tips to cut your premiums while maintaining coverages. Comparison shoppers just have to understand the most efficient way to compare price quotes online.
Companies offering Lexus GS 350 insurance in Florida
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Florida. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Rate information and statistics
The premium table shown below covers estimates of policy rates for Lexus GS 350 models. Being more informed about how rates are figured can assist in making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|GS 350 AWD||$312||$692||$400||$24||$120||$1,548||$129|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can affect prices substantially.
The example below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can influence Lexus GS 350 insurance costs for different age categories. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Get cheaper Lexus GS 350 insurance in Tampa with discounts
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you may find discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain reductions will be credited at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used GS 350 can get you a discount since newer models are generally safer.
- Pay Early and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you better prices if you take out life insurance from them.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction with a few insurance companies.
As is typical with insurance, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The example below illustrates the difference between Lexus GS 350 auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premiums assume a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Florida state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Larger insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- Esurance has discounts for good student, paid-in-full, good driver, online quote, safety device, online shopper, and claim free.
- The Hartford may include discounts for good student, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, air bag, and defensive driver.
- AAA has savings for good driver, education and occupation, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, good student, pay-in-full, and multi-car.
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-theft, driver training, five-year accident-free, air bags, military active duty, federal employee, and membership and employees.
- State Farm may offer discounts for student away at school, anti-theft, safe vehicle, good driver, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and defensive driving training.
If you want affordable Tampa auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Savings might not be offered on policies in every state.
Insurance is available from agents near you
Some people would rather buy from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is still important in Tampa.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Do you need an independent or exclusive car insurance agent?
When looking for a local Tampa insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Agencies in Tampa are either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both can write insurance policies, but it’s important to know the difference in how they write coverage because it can factor into your agent selection.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are appointed with more than one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and find you the best rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you check rates from several independent agencies to have the best price comparison.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Tampa that may be able to give pricing information.
These agents work for only one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below are Tampa exclusive agencies willing to provide price quote information.
Picking the best insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Before buying a policy in Tampa, get answers to these questions.
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
Once you have good feedback to all your questions as well as a affordable price, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that is a good match to adequately provide insurance. But keep in mind you can cancel coverage at any time so don’t think you are locked into your new company with no way out.
Auto insurance company ratings
Buying coverage from a high-quality car insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Florida. The rank data shown next may help you choose which companies you want to consider purchasing from.
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Do the work, save more money
Low-cost Lexus GS 350 insurance in Tampa can be purchased on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Tampa auto insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent agents.
When shopping online for auto insurance, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Steps to finding better rates for Lexus GS 350 insurance in Tampa
The best way to find affordable Lexus GS 350 insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from providers that sell auto insurance in Tampa.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about how insurance works and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and an imperfect credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of companies. View prices
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is to try to use the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
Additional learning opportunities
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Tampa Auto Insurance Quotes for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tampa Auto Insurance for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Felons in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for College Students in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)