Everyone knows that insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Consumers who get price comparisons will most likely buy a different policy because there is a significant possibility of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey revealed that consumers who make a habit of shopping around saved an average of $72 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding discount rates on car insurance is the reason for your visit, then learning a little about the best way to shop and compare cheaper coverage can save time and money.
The most effective way to get cheaper Kia Soul EV insurance in Tampa is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Florida.
- First, take a few minutes and learn about what is in your policy and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many factors that cause rate increases such as traffic violations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of companies. View prices
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One thing to point out is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
Locating the best insurance company for you in Tampa is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. If you are already insured or just want cheaper coverage, follow these tips to reduce premiums without sacrificing coverage. Vehicle owners just have to know the most time-saving way to compare insurance rates over the internet.
Companies offering Kia Soul EV insurance in Tampa
The companies in the list below can provide price comparisons in Tampa, FL. If you want the best cheap auto insurance in Tampa, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Lower Your Tampa Insurance Rates
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
Being married pays dividends – Getting married may earn you lower rates when buying auto insurance. Having a significant other may mean you are more responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
More stress means more cost – Careers such as fire fighters, business owners, and emergency personnel have higher premium rates in part from intense work-related stress and long work days. Conversely, jobs like professors, engineers and retirees have lower than average premiums.
Older drivers save more – Older drivers are shown to be more cautious, are lower risk to insure, and are generally more financially stable. Young drivers have been known to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
Know your credit rating – Having a bad credit rating is a big factor in determining your rates. Insureds that have very good credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than those with lower credit ratings. So if your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your Kia Soul EV by improving your rating.
Rates are affected by your address – Living in a rural area has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have more aggressive driving styles and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accident claims.
Lower your auto insurance rates with discounts
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some of these discounts will be visible when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child participate in a local driver’s education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for several vehicles with the same company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to scrutinize driving manner through the use of a telematics system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
- Save with a New Car – Putting coverage on a new Soul EV can save up to 30% because newer models are generally safer.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free before the accident.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Employee of Federal Government – Federal government employees can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- Paperwork-free – A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 for signing up over the internet.
As a footnote on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Car insurance companies who might offer some of the discounts shown above may include but are not limited to:
When comparing rates, check with each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Discounts may not be offered in Tampa. For a list of insurers that offer discounts in Florida, click here.
Local Tampa auto insurance agents
Some people still like to have an agent’s advice and that can be a great decision Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you can get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this short form, the coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Tampa that can provide free Tampa car insurance quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your house because prices are sent to you. If you wish to quote rates from a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best provider should depend on more than just the premium amount. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
Best car insurance agent in Tampa
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents from which to choose. Insurance agencies can either be exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types of agents can sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the differences since it can impact which agent you choose.
Agents in the exclusive channel write business for a single company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Tampa who may provide you with rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies often have many company appointments so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you get some free quotes from multiple independent agents to maximize your price options.
Below are Tampa independent agents that can give you comparison quotes.
Global FIS – A Full Service Independant Insurance Agency
8710 W Hillsborough Ave #201 – Tampa, FL 33615 – (813) 343-0844 – View Map
When in doubt talk to an agent
When selecting a policy, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Should I rate my Kia Soul EV as pleasure use or commute?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, policy non-renewal, extreme rates for teen drivers and even delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Affordable Kia Soul EV insurance in Tampa can be sourced from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Tampa, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut full coverage only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Tampa Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Tampa Auto Insurance for a Toyota 4Runner? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Immigrants in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)