It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Insureds who compare rates annually are inclined to buy a different policy because they stand a good chance of finding better rates. A recent survey found that consumers who compared price quotes annually saved approximately $72 a month as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding low prices for Kia Niro insurance is why you’re here, learning how to choose a company and compare insurance rates can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
To save the most money, the best way to get cheaper Kia Niro insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in Tampa. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Try to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many rating factors that increase rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and an imperfect credit score can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper Niro coverage is available. If you find better rates, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a completed application and payment for the new policy. As soon as coverage is bound, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
An essential thing to point out is that you’ll want to compare the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and a thorough price selection.
Cheap Kia Niro insurance in Tampa
Car insurance companies don’t list all discounts very clearly, so the list below contains some of the best known and the harder-to-find car insurance savings.
- Organization Discounts – Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Tampa could qualify you for a break on your next renewal.
- Early Switch Discount – Select insurance companies give a discount for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current Niro insurance policy. This can save 10% or more.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- E-sign – A few larger online companies will give a small break just for signing your application on the web.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving less could earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Federal Employees – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction with some car insurance companies.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on Niro insurance in Tampa.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
To see a list of companies who offer discounts in Tampa, click this link.
When looking for inexpensive Tampa car insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to get quotes from auto insurance companies in your area. One of the best ways to find affordable Kia Niro insurance rates consists of shopping online.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it replaces the need to go to local Tampa insurance agencies. The ability to get quotes online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you prefer the trained guidance only provided by licensed Tampa agents. However, consumers can compare online quotes but have a local agent actually write the policy.
When comparison shopping, comparing more prices provides better odds of finding the best price. Some smaller insurers do not give rate quotes online, so it’s important to compare prices from those companies as well.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Florida. To buy the best car insurance in Florida, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Rates
When buying insurance it’s important to understand some of the elements that help calculate your premiums. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that may result in lower rates. Many different elements are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but some are not quite as obvious such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
The following are most of the major factors insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- More traffic equals higher rates – Residing in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can be a good thing when it comes to insurance. People who live in big cities regularly have much more traffic and more time behind the wheel. Less people living in that area means less chance of accidents in addition to lower liability claims.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The more miles you rack up on your Kia in a year the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Autos not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates than those that get driven frequently. Improper usage on your Niro may be costing you. It’s a smart idea to ensure your insurance declarations sheet shows the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Don’t cancel your coverage without a new one in place – Driving your car without having proper coverage is a big no-no and insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in fines and jail time.
- Save money by raising physical damage deductibles – Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some coverage claims are a broken side mirror, damage from fire, and damage caused by flying debris. The deductibles you choose define the amount you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. The larger the amount you’re willing to pay, the less money you will pay for insurance.
- Theft deterrents systems cut prices – Choosing to buy a car with advanced anti-theft systems can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help prevent car theft.
- Get better prices if you’re married – Having a wife or husband may earn you lower rates on your policy. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more responsible and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- Save money by having multiple policies – Most major insurance companies afford discounts to buyers who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. This can amount to 10 percent or more. Even if you qualify for this discount already, drivers will still want to compare Kia Niro rates in Tampa to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Auto insurance agents are professional risk managers
Many people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information is sent to companies in Tampa that can provide free Tampa car insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t even need to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to compare rates for a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Florida?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Tampa?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
When narrowing the list to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies from which to choose. Car insurance agents are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These agents work for only one company such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are highly trained on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Tampa who can help you get price quote information.
Agents that elect to be independent can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Shown below are Tampa independent agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
E J Ferro Insurance Agency
Tampa, FL 33647 – Tampa, FL 33647 – (813) 926-1515 – View Map
Car insurance just makes sense
Even though Tampa Niro insurance rates can get expensive, car insurance is required by state law in Florida and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Kia Niro, most lenders will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Kia at a much higher premium rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your Kia and your personal assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in Florida is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Compare rates regularly to save
As you quote Tampa car insurance, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
More affordable auto insurance in Tampa can be found online in addition to many Tampa insurance agents, so you need to quote Tampa car insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and these small insurance companies only sell through local independent agents.
Helpful learning opportunities
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tampa Auto Insurance for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Nurses in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)