Feel like you have an overpriced car insurance policy? You’re preaching to the choir because you’re not the only one.
It’s safe to conclude that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Insureds who shop around at least once a year are highly likely to switch to a new company because they have a good chance of finding a cheaper policy. A recent study showed that consumers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved $860 a year compared to other drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest price for auto insurance is your ultimate objective, then learning a little about how to quote prices and compare coverage rates can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
Steps to buying affordable Saab 9-7X insurance in Tampa
The best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from providers who sell insurance in Tampa.
- Read about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like speeding and a substandard credit score can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices from many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment and a signed application to your new company or agent. Once the application is submitted, put the proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
A tip to remember is to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to look at as many auto insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
People have many auto insurance companies to choose from, and although it’s a good thing to have a choice, it can be more difficult to compare rates for Saab 9-7X insurance in Tampa.
Most of the larger companies make it easy to get insurance quotes on their websites. Getting Saab 9-7X insurance prices online is quite simple as all you need to do is type in your coverage preferences into a form. Once you submit the form, their quoting system pulls your driving record and credit report and provides a quote determined by many factors. Being able to quote online for Saab 9-7X insurance in Tampa streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s very important to have as many quotes as possible in order to find the lowest insurance rates.
To quickly find out how much you can save on insurance, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you input deductibles and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this guarantees you will be getting comparison quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies in the list below can provide price quotes in Tampa, FL. If you want to find the cheapest auto insurance in Tampa, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Three main reasons to buy insurance
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Tampa, paying for insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Saab 9-7X, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Saab for a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Saab but also your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average driver in Florida overpays more than $850 per year so it’s important to compare rates every year to save money.
Smart Buyers Can Slash Their Insurance Rates
Many different elements are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but others are not as apparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating. One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. If you know what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that could result in better car insurance rates.
Listed below are some of the most rate-impacting factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your premiums.
- Choose high crash test ratings and save – Vehicles that have high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower rates of occupant injuries means your insurance company pays less which can mean better rates for you. If your Saab has at least four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Low stress occupation equals lower rates – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Jobs like lawyers, social workers, and accountants tend to pay higher premium rates in part from job stress and long work hours. On the other hand, careers like scientists, students and homemakers pay the least.
- When should you not file claims? – Insurance companies in Florida award cheaper rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your car insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Do you save by driving less? – Driving more miles in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure it. The majority of insurers price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles that have low annual miles receive better premium rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Verify your car insurance coverage is showing annual mileage. Incorrect rating for your 9-7X may be costing you higher rates.
Get cheaper Saab 9-7X insurance rates in Tampa
Some companies do not advertise every possible discount very well, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known and the harder-to-find ways to save on car insurance. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Theft Deterrent – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Air Bag Discount – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car instead of a used 9-7X is cheaper because new vehicles are generally safer.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Tampa and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of up to 20% off your total 9-7X insurance premium.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
Remember that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you could get a free car insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Car insurance companies who might offer these discounts include:
Double check with all companies you are considering how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in Tampa. To view car insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Tampa, click here to view.
Get rate quotes but work with a local Tampa insurance agency
Some consumers would rather get advice from a local agent and we recommend doing that One of the benefits of comparing insurance online is you can get cheaper car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Tampa who will gladly provide quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. You can find better rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you just need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good company shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
Shown below are Tampa insurance companies that may be able to provide price quotes for Saab 9-7X insurance in Tampa.
What is the best car insurance company in Tampa?
Buying coverage from the best car insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Tampa. The ranking data in the lists below may help you choose which companies you want to consider shopping prices with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Cheaper car insurance rates are available
Lower-priced car insurance in Tampa can be sourced on the web and with local Tampa insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not have internet price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell through independent agencies.
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, someone dropped collision coverage and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
How to find cheaper Saab 9-7X insurance in Tampa
Really, the only way to save money on Saab 9-7X insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from companies who provide auto insurance in Tampa.
First, get a basic knowledge of coverages and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many things that result in higher rates like speeding tickets, accidents and an imperfect credit history can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper 9-7X coverage is available in Tampa. If you find better rates and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your agent or company of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application for the new coverage. Once coverage is bound, put the proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An important part of this process is to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get quotes from every company you can. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Even more information is located at these sites:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Postal Workers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado in Tampa? (FAQ)
- How Much is Tampa Car Insurance for a Nissan Versa? (FAQ)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)