It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. People who compare rates once a year will presumably buy a different policy because they have a good chance of getting low-cost coverage. A recent car insurance study revealed that consumers who routinely compared rates saved about $850 each year compared to those who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding discount rates on Saab 9-3 insurance in Tampa is your target objective, then having a grasp of the best way to quote and compare coverages can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
Really, the only way to get cheaper car insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Tampa. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Step 1: Try to understand how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that drive up the price like speeding tickets, accidents and a poor credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article gives tips to prevent rate hikes and find missing discounts.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of companies. Start a quote
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available in Tampa. If you can save some money and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is to try to compare similar coverage information on every price quote and and to get prices from as many companies as you can. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Choosing the best rates in Tampa is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. If you have coverage now or just want to save money, you can use this information to shop for the lowest rates without reducing protection. Shoppers just need to understand the quickest method to compare price quotes online.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is surprisingly easy. You just have to take the time comparing price quotes to find out which insurance company has the cheapest Saab 9-3 rate quotes.
Doing online rate quotes comparisons is so easy that it makes it a waste of time to waste gas driving to each insurance agency near you. Doing it all online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a complicated situation and need the personal advice that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. You can, however, comparison shop online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The companies shown below offer quotes in Tampa, FL. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get cheaper Saab 9-3 insurance in Tampa with discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts to help offset the cost. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you get a quote, but a few must be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Mature drivers may qualify for better insurance rates.
- Smart Student Discounts – Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Membership in Organizations – Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles have a lower chance of being stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Tampa auto insurance quote.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home in Tampa can get you a discount because it requires personal responsibility.
- Multi-line Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get lower insurance rates if you buy a life policy as well.
- Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but certain companies permit an accident without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple cars or trucks with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having an actively deployed family member can result in better rates.
Don’t be shocked that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like you could get a free insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The information below shows the comparison of Saab 9-3 car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no claims or violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-car, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Larger insurance companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for professional/association, type of vehicle, ease of repair, good student, and annual mileage.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for switch companies, youthful driver, business and professional, pay in full, alternative fuel, and good student.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include 55 and retired, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, youthful driver, and good student.
- State Farm may include discounts for good student, anti-theft, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, student away at school, and accident-free.
- Allstate includes discounts for teenSMART discount, premier plus, utility vehicle, multi-policy, passive restraint, and early signing.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for military active duty, defensive driver, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, air bags, good student, and anti-theft.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company how you can save money. Some discounts may not be offered in Tampa. To find insurance companies offering insurance discounts in Florida, click here to view.
Saab 9-3 insurance analysis
The premium information below showcases a range of prices for Saab 9-3 models. Being aware of how policy premiums are established can benefit drivers when making informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|9-3 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$332||$588||$366||$22||$110||$1,418||$118|
|9-3 2.0T Station Wagon||$332||$588||$366||$22||$110||$1,418||$118|
|9-3 2.0T XWD 4-Dr Sedan||$332||$588||$366||$22||$110||$1,418||$118|
|9-3 Aero 4-Dr Sedan||$368||$678||$366||$22||$110||$1,544||$129|
|9-3 2.0T 2-Dr Convertible||$368||$678||$430||$26||$128||$1,630||$136|
|9-3 2.0T XWD Station Wagon||$368||$678||$366||$22||$110||$1,544||$129|
|9-3 Aero Station Wagon||$368||$678||$366||$22||$110||$1,544||$129|
|9-3 Aero XWD 4-Dr Sedan||$368||$678||$366||$22||$110||$1,544||$129|
|9-3 Aero 2-Dr Convertible||$406||$766||$430||$26||$128||$1,756||$146|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can impact auto insurance rates noticeably.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Saab 9-3 car insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Florida minimum liability coverage. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no claims, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There isn’t a written rule for dropping comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s pretend your Saab 9-3 replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If premiums are more than $800 annually for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Should I get advice from an agent?
Many people prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is just fine! Professional insurance agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheaper prices and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that can provide free Tampa auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no reason to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific company, just find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good company requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
If you are wanting to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance agencies can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in how they write coverage because it can factor into your agent selection.
These agents can only provide one company’s prices such as Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Tampa willing to provide price quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents do not write with just one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When shopping rates, it’s a good idea to check rates from a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Tampa willing to provide price quote information.
Upon getting answers to your satisfaction to these questions and locked in a price quote, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that will insure your vehicles. Just understand that consumers can cancel your coverage any time you want so never assume that you’re stuck with any particular company indefinitely.
How much insurance do I need?
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Saab 9-3?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Saab 9-3?
- What policy terms are available?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
You Can Change Your Insurance Rates
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand some of the things that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with better car insurance rates.
The itemized list below are some of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine rates.
Your employer may affect prices – Careers like doctors, social workers, and financial analysts generally have higher average rates attributed to intense work situations and lengthy work days. On the flip side, occupations such as actors, historians and performers have lower than average premiums.
Obey driving laws and save – Just one driving citation may increase your cost substantially. Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who have severe violations like DUI or willful reckless driving may find they need to maintain a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
The diagram below shows how traffic citations and accidents can impact Saab 9-3 yearly insurance costs for each age group. The premiums are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Bad credit hurts insurance prices – Your credit score can be a huge factor in determining your rates. If your credit score can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Saab 9-3 if you improve your credit rating. Insureds with very good credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower credit scores.
Females tend to be lower risk – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. They both cause auto accidents in similar percentages, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also get ticketed for serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Saab 9-3 yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no accidents or driving violations, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Liability coverage – Liability coverage will provide protection if you are responsible for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
Three good reasons to insure your vehicle
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Saab in Tampa, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
First, almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your car with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Saab at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay for it.
Third, insurance protects both your Saab 9-3 and your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Florida is overpaying over $825 a year so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Tampa car insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with the right insurance provider can be challenging considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Florida. The rank data shown below could help you decide which auto insurance companies you want to consider purchasing from.
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Quote more and you will save more
When searching for affordable Saab 9-3 insurance quotes, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, delays in paying claims, not issuing a premium refund or being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
We just presented many ways to lower your Saab 9-3 insurance premium rates in Tampa. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Tampa auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding low cost Tampa auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance is with a small local company.
Much more information about insurance in Florida is located at the links below
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape in Tampa? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Fusion in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima in Tampa? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic in Tampa? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)