Trying to find the cheapest Mazda 2 insurance in Tampa? Finding low-cost insurance for a new or used Mazda 2 in Florida can be difficult, but you can use the following methods and make it easy.
There is a better way to find insurance online and we’ll show you the proper way to compare rates on a Mazda and locate the lowest price from Tampa insurance agents and online providers.
Cheapest Mazda 2 insurance rate quotes in Tampa, FL
Cutting your car insurance rates is a fairly straight forward process. You just need to take the time comparing free Tampa car insurance quotes to discover which company has low cost Tampa car insurance quotes.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Tampa, FL. In order to find the best auto insurance in Tampa, we suggest you compare several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Mazda 2 in Tampa, insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Mazda has a lienholder, most lenders will require that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Mazda at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over for it.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Mazda gets damaged, your insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your 2 are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average American driver overpays more than $869 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Informed Drivers Can Cut Insurance Costs
Lots of things are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but others are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility. It’s important that you understand the factors that play a part in calculating your premiums. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The items below are a partial list of the pieces used by companies to determine premiums.
Policy add-ons add up – There are many additional extra coverages that may not really be needed on your 2 policy. Coverages for rental car coverage, accidental death, and extra equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may sound like good ideas when discussing your needs, but if they’re wasting money remove them and pocket the money.
Your employer may affect prices – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Jobs like real estate brokers, airline pilots, and stock brokers generally have higher premium rates because of high stress and long work hours. On the other hand, occupations such as professors, engineers and retirees have the lowest average rates.
Tickets can increase rates – Being a careful driver has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Careful drivers receive lower rates as compared to careless drivers. Only having one driving citation can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Drivers with severe violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
Lower prices with theft deterrents – Driving a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Anti-theft features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help prevent your car from being stolen.
Auto insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there may be some discounts to help bring down the price. Certain reductions will be credited at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed in the military can result in better premium rates.
- Membership in Organizations – Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your next auto insurance statement.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking time to complete a class that teaches defensive driver techniques may get you a small discount and make you a better driver.
- Paperwork-free – Certain companies may give you up to $50 get Tampa car insurance on the web.
- Telematics Discount – Policyholders that allow their insurance company to look at driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags can get savings up to 30%.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents have much lower rates when compared to drivers who are more careless.
Remember that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
A list of auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- American Family discounts include good driver, TimeAway discount, defensive driver, early bird, bundled insurance, and Steer into Savings.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, good student, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and defensive driving training.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including 55 and older, homeowners, driver training, teen driver, anti-lock brakes, student driver, and defensive driver.
- Travelers offers discounts including good student, IntelliDrive, early quote, hybrid/electric vehicle, and home ownership.
- GEICO has savings for driver training, anti-theft, multi-vehicle, federal employee, air bags, and emergency military deployment.
When quoting, ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts might not be offered in your area.
What if I want to buy from local Tampa auto insurance agents?
Many drivers would prefer to go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Good agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find better rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is especially important in Tampa.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. If you need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
The type of auto insurance agent you choose is important
If you want to buy insurance from a reputable agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies that you can choose from. Agents can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both can insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know the difference between them since it may influence the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not limited to a single company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part. When comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to include rate quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Many write coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which may provide better rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Tampa who may be able to give you price quotes.
- Northside Insurance Agency
14009 N Dale Mabry Hwy – Tampa, FL 33618 – (813) 960-5225 – View Map
- Varcas Insurance Agency LLC
1721 W Hillsborough Ave – Tampa, FL 33603 – (813) 319-1940 – View Map
- ABC Neighborhood Insurance
1336 W Fletcher Ave – Tampa, FL 33612 – (813) 932-0000 – View Map
These agents can only place business with one company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are well trained on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
Shown below are Tampa exclusive agencies that can give you price quote information.
- Robin Simmons – State Farm Insurance Agent
2425 S Dale Mabry Hwy a – Tampa, FL 33629 – (813) 258-2828 – View Map
- Patricia Potts – State Farm Insurance Agent
4644 W Gandy Blvd #5 – Tampa, FL 33611 – (813) 286-3077 – View Map
- Shirin Khorsandian – State Farm Insurance Agent
2734 E Fowler Ave, Ste A – Tampa, FL 33612 – (813) 971-6060 – View Map
Picking an insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. A good agent in Tampa will have answers to these questions.
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- What companies can they write with?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
One last thing to lower rates
When searching for the cheapest Mazda 2 rate quotes, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Lower-priced Mazda 2 insurance in Tampa can be bought both online as well as from independent agents in Tampa, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not offer rates over the internet and these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim and policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
How to find more affordable Mazda 2 insurance in Tampa
The easiest way to quote cheaper Mazda 2 insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from companies in Tampa.
- First, spend some time learning about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents and bad credit can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of companies. View insurance agents
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy to determine if you can save on 2 insurance in Tampa. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
The most important part of shopping around is to use identical coverages on every price quote and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
More detailed car insurance information can be read in the articles below:
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Company Car in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4 in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado in Tampa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Tampa Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)