No normal person looks forward to buying auto insurance, especially when they could find lower prices if they just compared rates.
Astonishing but true, nearly 70% of customers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and just short of a majority have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Consumers in Florida can save nearly $1,100 each year, but they don’t invest the time required to compare rates and save money.
How to find the cheapest rates for Jeep Cherokee insurance in Tampa
Truthfully, the best way to get more affordable Jeep Cherokee insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies in Tampa.
- First, try to learn a little about how auto insurance works and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many factors that result in higher prices like speeding tickets, accidents and a negative credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover more details to get affordable coverage and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes for many different companies. Click to view companies
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for your new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A good tip to remember is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and to quote with as many different companies as possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Multiple auto insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a company and get the definite lowest cost out there.
If you’re already insured, you will surely be able to cut your premiums using the tips covered below. Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Tampa is quite easy. But Florida consumers should learn how big insurance companies price insurance differently and use it to find better rates.
Cheap Jeep Cherokee insurance quotes in Tampa
Some companies don’t list the entire discount list very clearly, so we break down a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Tampa auto insurance online.
- Claim Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims get the best insurance rates when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your Tampa auto insurance quote.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- E-sign – A few larger online companies provide a small discount simply for signing online.
- Government Employee Discount – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current Cherokee insurance policy. It can save you around 10%.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
Large insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for safe driver, 55 and retired, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, and renewal discount.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for exclusive group savings, new graduate, good student, multi-car, newly retired, teen driver discount, and hybrid vehicle.
- State Farm discounts include Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, multiple autos, good driver, safe vehicle, and passive restraint.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for paid in full, teen driver, student away at school, company car, and paperless.
- GEICO may have discounts that include good student, driver training, air bags, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, and military active duty.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for teen safe driver, anti-theft, bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, safe driver, and homeowner.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in your area.
To get inexpensive Tampa auto insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to obtain and compare prices from different companies. The fastest way to find the cheapest Jeep Cherokee insurance rates is to get quotes online.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to call or drive to insurance agencies in your area. Quoting and buying Jeep Cherokee insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a complicated situation and need the professional abilities only provided by licensed Tampa agents. It is possible with some companies price shop your coverage online and still use a local agent.
Just remember that making a lot of price comparisons gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Florida. If you want the cheapest car insurance in Florida, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Smart Consumers Can Cut Insurance Costs
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that aid in calculating insurance rates. If you know what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in lower rates.
Get cheaper rates if you’re married – Walking down the aisle actually saves money on insurance. Having a spouse translates into being more mature than a single person and statistics prove married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Qualify for multi-policy discounts – Most larger companies will give lower prices to buyers who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, you may still want to compare other Tampa Cherokee insurance rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.There is a chance you can find a better deal even if you have your coverage with different companies
Liability limits should be high – Liability coverage is the protection if ever a court rules you are at fault for an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
Higher premiums for policy lapses – Driving without insurance coverage in place is illegal and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage lapse. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage could result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. Then you may be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Florida department of motor vehicles.
Occupation stress can make you pay more – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Careers like lawyers, business owners, and dentists have higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to intense work situations and lots of time spent away from family. Other occupations such as professors, athletes and homemakers pay the least.
Careless drivers pay higher premiums – A bad driving record influences premium rates substantially. Careful drivers get better prices as compared to careless drivers. Only having one chargeable violation can increase the cost of insurance to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who have received multiple citations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to prove financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
Jeep Cherokee statistical loss data – Insurance companies analyze the history of losses to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Models that are shown to have higher loss trends will cost more for specific coverages. The table below illustrates the historical loss data for Jeep Cherokee vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, is equal to 100. Numbers under 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger claims.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Jeep Cherokee 4dr 2WD||76||105||77||87||90||109|
|Jeep Cherokee 4dr 4WD||78||115||82||75||79||103|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Neighborhood Tampa auto insurance agents
Many drivers would prefer to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and also buy local. Supporting local insurance agencies is still important in Tampa.
Upon completion of this simple form, your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents that can provide free Tampa auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. If you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
The type of auto insurance agent you choose is important
If you would like to find a reputable agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies to choose from. Auto insurance agents in Tampa can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
These type of agents are not limited to a single company so they can write business through many companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you absolutely need to compare prices from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Tampa who can help you get free rate quotes.
Charlies Agents Insurance Agency
2701 N Himes Ave #201 – Tampa, FL 33607 – (813) 831-8363 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents generally can only insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. They are highly trained on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Tampa willing to provide price quote information.
Finding the right insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a low price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- What companies can they write with?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Does their agency support local causes in Tampa?
Three reasons insurance is important
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Tampa, insurance is required in Florida but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Jeep Cherokee has a loan, most lenders will require you to have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Jeep at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance preserves not only your Jeep Cherokee but also your financial assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average American driver overpays more than $820 a year so it’s important to compare rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cover all your bases
More affordable insurance in Tampa is attainable online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop Tampa auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers only sell through independent agents.
We covered many tips how you can get a better price on Jeep Cherokee insurance in Tampa. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Jeep Cherokee rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
When you buy Tampa auto insurance online, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
How to find affordable quotes for Jeep Cherokee insurance in Tampa
Truthfully, the best way to get affordable Jeep Cherokee insurance is to compare prices regularly from companies in Tampa. This can be done by following these guidelines.
First, it will benefit you to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many factors that cause rate increases like traffic citations and a bad credit score can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies. View prices
Third, compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for the new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
A tip to remember is to try to compare the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and maximum price selection.
More tips and info about insurance is available in these articles:
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Tampa Auto Insurance Quotes for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)