We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Insureds who shop around will probably buy a different policy because they have a good chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent survey discovered that consumers who regularly compared rates saved $860 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on Jaguar S-Type insurance is the reason for your visit, then having a grasp of how to choose a company and compare car insurance can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get the cheapest Jaguar S-Type insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers in Tampa. You can compare prices by following these steps.
First, get a basic knowledge of how your policy works and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that are responsible for high rates like inattentive driving and poor credit rating can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Compare rates now
Third, compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper S-Type coverage is available. If you can save some money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the newly selected company. As soon as you have the new policy, keep the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One important bit of advice is to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get rates from every company you can. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
The quickest way to compare car insurance rates for Jaguar S-Type insurance in Tampa is to understand all the major auto insurance companies will pay a fee to compare their rates. To get started, all you need to do is give the companies some data like driver details, if you have an active license, if you require a SR-22, and whether you drive to work or school. The rating information is instantly sent to insurance carriers in your area and you get price estimates instantly.
To compare rates for your car now, click here and complete the form.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Florida. To locate the best cheap auto insurance in Tampa, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Jaguar S-Type in Tampa, paying for car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Jaguar for a much higher rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves both your Jaguar and your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having car insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $855 a year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Car insurance rates and discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that you may not even be aware of. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Tampa and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can get you a discount since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not really a discount, but certain companies will let one accident slide without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to study driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current S-Type insurance policy. This can save 10% or more.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all car insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you better premium rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Paperless Signup – Many insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for signing up on the internet.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive a slight reduction on a Tampa car insurance quote.
One thing to note about discounts is that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
Some of the larger companies that may have many of the previously listed discounts include:
Before you buy a policy, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in your area. If you would like to see a list of car insurance companies with significant discounts in Tampa, click here.
Compare prices but still have a local Tampa insurance agency
A small number of people just want to get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with local agents is still important in Tampa.
By using this short form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Tampa who want to provide quotes to get your business. There is no need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, just go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Listed below is a list of car insurance companies in Tampa that are able to give comparison quotes for Jaguar S-Type insurance in Tampa.
- Mynatt Insurance Agency
1316 W Busch Blvd – Tampa, FL 33612 – (813) 932-5511 – View Map
- Phil Cole Whitco Insurance Agency
6601 Memorial Hwy #230 – Tampa, FL 33615 – (813) 884-7577 – View Map
- Patricia Potts – State Farm Insurance Agent
4644 W Gandy Blvd #5 – Tampa, FL 33611 – (813) 286-3077 – View Map
- Duarte Insurance Agency, Inc.
5512 N Armenia Ave # A – Tampa, FL 33603 – (813) 874-3222 – View Map
Choosing an provider is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
If you get good responses to any questions you may have as well as an affordable premium quote, most likely you have located an insurer that is reliable enough to insure your vehicles. But remember, consumers can terminate your policy any time you want so don’t feel that you are permanently stuck with a specific company for the full term.
You may need specialized auto insurance coverage
When it comes to proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. You are unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- How high should deductibles be on a Jaguar S-Type?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Persistence will pay off
You just read a lot of tips how to save on Jaguar S-Type insurance in Tampa. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Jaguar S-Type rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the best price on car insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
The cheapest Jaguar S-Type insurance in Tampa can be found from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Tampa agents, so you need to shop Tampa car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not offer rates over the internet and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Female in Tampa? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)