Are you searching for lower-priced Toyota Yaris insurance in Tampa? Trying to come up with a payment for pricey insurance can dry up your savings account and possibly require you to analyze your spending habits.
Unbelievable but true according to a study most insurance customers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never quoted insurance rates at all. Many drivers in Florida could pocket as much as 55% a year, but most just don’t grasp the actual amount they would save if they switched.
How to find the cheapest rates for Toyota Yaris insurance in Tampa
The best way we recommend to save money on auto insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies in Tampa. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about policy coverages and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like inattentive driving and an unacceptable credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Yaris insurance in Tampa. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A key point to remember is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to analyze every company you can. This enables a fair price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
There are many car insurance companies to pick from, and even though it’s nice to have a choice, having more auto insurance companies makes it harder to find the best rates for your vehicles.
Discounts for cheap auto insurance quotes
Some providers don’t always list all their discounts very well, so the following list contains a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to you.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Professional Memberships – Being a member of specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount when getting a Tampa auto insurance quote.
- Tampa Homeowners Pay Less – Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best auto insurance rates as opposed to frequent claim filers.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger auto insurance companies have a break if you buy a life policy as well.
- Resident Student – Children living away from Tampa attending college without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Toyota Yaris insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The costs are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Florida state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, marriage, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Some companies that have many of the previously listed discounts possibly include:
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in Tampa. If you would like to view auto insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Florida, click here.
The quickest method we recommend to compare rates for Toyota Yaris insurance in Tampa is to realize most of the bigger providers will pay a fee to provide you with free rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide details including what your job is, if you lease or own, how your vehicles are used, and if your license is active. That rating information is sent automatically to multiple companies and they respond with quotes quickly.
To compare multiple company lower-cost Toyota Yaris insurance rates now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Florida. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Tampa, it’s a good idea that you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance rate breakdown
The coverage information shown below covers different insurance costs for Toyota Yaris models. Having insight into how insurance policy rates are determined is important to be able to make informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Yaris 2-Dr Hatchback||$198||$342||$618||$36||$184||$1,378||$115|
|Yaris 4-Dr Hatchback||$198||$342||$546||$32||$164||$1,282||$107|
|Yaris 4-Dr Sedan||$198||$342||$546||$32||$164||$1,282||$107|
|Yaris S 2-Dr Hatchback||$226||$342||$618||$36||$184||$1,406||$117|
|Yaris S 4-Dr Hatchback||$226||$342||$546||$32||$164||$1,310||$109|
|Yaris S 4-Dr Sedan||$226||$342||$546||$32||$164||$1,310||$109|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Information does not factor in zip code location which can decrease or increase rates greatly.
Impact of speeding/accidents on Tampa insurance rates
The information below demonstrates how traffic citations and accident claims can impact Toyota Yaris car insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. Data assumes a single male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Cost of full coverage
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Toyota Yaris insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no clear-cut formula for dropping full coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s assume your Toyota Yaris settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $300 a year to have full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
You are unique and your insurance should be too
When quoting and comparing the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Every situation is different so this has to be addressed.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Is my Toyota Yaris covered for flood damage?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Florida?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Exclusive versus independent insurance agencies
Certain consumers would rather visit with an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision A good thing about comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to companies in Tampa who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for an agent as quotes are delivered immediately to you. Get lower rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to get a rate quote for a specific company, feel free to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the price. Before buying a policy in Tampa, get answers to these questions.
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Tampa?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
Exclusive and independent Tampa car insurance agents
When narrowing the list to find a local insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of agencies from which to choose. Agents in Tampa can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Tampa that can give you rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can write business with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to compare quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Tampa that can give you comparison quotes.
Central Florida Insurance Agency of Town ‘N’ Country
7753 W Waters Ave – Tampa, FL 33615 – (813) 885-2900 – View Map
Compare but don’t skimp
Cheap Toyota Yaris insurance in Tampa is possible on the web in addition to many Tampa insurance agents, so you need to shop Tampa auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not provide online price quotes and usually these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
When getting Tampa auto insurance quotes online, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
How to find affordable quotes for Toyota Yaris insurance in Tampa
The recommended way to get discount Toyota Yaris insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers in Tampa. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- Try to learn about coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many factors that cause high rates like traffic citations, accidents, and a lousy credit rating can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy to see if cheaper Yaris coverage is available in Tampa. If you find a better price, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Tell your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for the new policy. Once coverage is bound, put the new certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
One piece of advice is to try to use similar coverage information on each price quote and and to get prices from as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Accord in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Tampa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Tampa Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)