A recent study showed that the majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Many consumers in America could save nearly 46.5% every year just by shopping around, but they don’t believe the amount of savings they would get if they replace their high priced policy.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find affordable quotes for auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from providers in Tampa.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that increase rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and an unfavorable credit rating can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices for many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One piece of advice is to try to compare identical coverages on every quote and and to get rate quotes from all possible companies. This enables a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
To find the best car insurance prices, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from local Tampa car insurance companies. The best method to compare Subaru Outback insurance prices consists of shopping online.
Getting price quotes online is very simple and it makes it obsolete to make phone calls or go to different agent offices. The ability to get quotes online makes this process obsolete unless you have a complicated situation and need the guidance of a local agency. Although, it is possible compare online quotes but buy from a local insurance agent. When comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing more quotes helps locate a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Florida. To locate cheap car insurance in FL, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
Save with these discounts
Companies don’t always publicize the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and the more hidden insurance savings.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Subaru may enable drivers to earn better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger insurance companies have a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Driver Education Discount – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver’s education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds who allow their company to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
- Multiple Cars – Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them with the same company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
Remember that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Subaru Outback auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The data is based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- State Farm offers discounts for good student, good driver, student away at school, multiple autos, safe vehicle, and defensive driving training.
- Esurance may include discounts for Pac-12 alumni, emergency road assistance, claim free, paid-in-full, and homeowner.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for teen driver discount, newly retired, new graduate, exclusive group savings, hybrid vehicle, and new vehicle discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for anti-theft, multiple vehicles, company car, anti-lock brakes, and paperless.
- GEICO may have discounts that include good student, anti-theft, multi-policy, defensive driver, driver training, and daytime running lights.
It’s a good idea to ask every company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts might not apply in your state.
Subaru Outback coverage analysis
The price information displayed below showcases estimates of coverage costs for Subaru Outback models. Having insight into how auto insurance policy rates are calculated can aid in making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Outback 2.5I Premium||$254||$430||$472||$28||$142||$1,326||$111|
|Outback 2.5I Limited||$254||$430||$472||$28||$142||$1,326||$111|
|Outback 3.6R Premium||$254||$430||$472||$28||$142||$1,326||$111|
|Outback 3.6R Limited||$284||$506||$472||$28||$142||$1,432||$119|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in specific zip code location which can revise auto insurance rates considerably.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The information below compares Subaru Outback premium costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The information is based on no claims or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no clear-cut formula of when to exclude physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Subaru Outback claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premiums are more than $500 annually for full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not recommended. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Best auto insurance company in Tampa
Buying coverage from the top insurer is difficult considering how many different companies sell coverage in Florida. The ranking data below could help you select which car insurance providers you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Insurance Price Influencing Factors
Lots of things are used when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but other factors are more obscure such as your credit history or your commute time. Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the things that play a part in calculating auto insurance rates. When you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find lower rates.
- Cheaper rates using GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Buying a car with advanced anti-theft systems can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Systems that thwart thieves like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can thwart car theft.
Youthful drivers are expensive to insure – Teenage drivers in Florida have a tendency to be less responsible when driving therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. More mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.
The next chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The make and model of the vehicle you drive makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. Low performance passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The next chart uses these assumptions: married male driver age 40, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Subaru Outback rates compared to other makes and models that have a range of performances.
- Get hitched and get better rates – Your spouse can get you a discount when shopping for auto insurance. It demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Pleasure use or commuting – The more miles you rack up on your Subaru each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies calculate rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Outback can cost quite a bit. Ask your agent if your auto insurance policy properly reflects annual mileage.
Responsible drivers have lower premiums – Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices compared to drivers with tickets. Getting just one citation may cause rates to rise to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who have flagrant violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find that they have to to file a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The illustration below illustrates how violations and at-fault accidents can impact Subaru Outback annual premium costs for different age categories. The premiums are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
- Bundle policies to earn discounts – Lots of insurance companies allow discounts to insureds that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount applied, you still need to check prices from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money. Consumers may find a better deal by buying from different companies
Subaru Outback insurance loss probability – Auto insurance companies use data from past claims when they file their rates in each state. Models that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher premium rates. The table below demonstrates the historical loss data for Subaru Outback vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is represented as 100. Numbers under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Subaru Outback Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Subaru Outback 4WD 58 68 106 63 64 68 Subaru Outback with Eyesight 4WD 57 46 106 61 58 40BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years