Smart shoppers know that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Consumers who compare rates at least once a year are likely to buy a different policy because of the high probability of finding more affordable rates. Remarkably, a study showed that people who compared rates annually saved $72 a month compared to people who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the most affordable BMW X3 insurance in Tampa is why you’re reading this, then having a grasp of how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance premiums can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
To save the most money, the best way to find low-cost prices for BMW X3 insurance in Tampa is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies who provide auto insurance in Florida. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- First, try to comprehend how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many things that drive up the price like at-fault accidents and a not-so-good credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article gives more details to help reduce premium rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Second, get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for the new coverage. As soon as coverage is bound, put the new certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use identical coverage information on every quote request and and to compare every company you can. This guarantees a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
Pricing the best coverage in Tampa is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have coverage now or are looking for a new policy, you can use this information to cut your premiums and still get good coverage. Vehicle owners only need to know the proper methods to find the lowest price using one simple form.
The companies in the list below can provide price comparisons in Florida. To locate cheaper auto insurance in Florida, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
BMW X3 insurance charts and tables
The rate table shown next outlines detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for BMW X3 models. Knowing how insurance policy rates are determined helps drivers make smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|X3 3.0I xDrive AWD 4-Dr||$316||$626||$400||$24||$120||$1,486||$124|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in Tampa location which can impact coverage rates noticeably.
Affordable Tampa auto insurance rates with discounts
Companies do not advertise all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known and the more hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote Tampa auto insurance but check with your company.
- Sign Online – Certain companies give back up to $50 get Tampa auto insurance on your computer.
- Early Switch Discount – Some larger companies reward drivers for switching companies prior to your current X3 insurance policy expiring. You may see this discount when you get Tampa auto insurance quotes online.
- Driver Safety – Completing a course in defensive driving can save you 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Student in College – Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Tampa and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Accident-free drivers could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Buy New and Save – Buying insurance on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Drivers Ed for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works. But all discounts will definitely lower the cost of your policy.
The diagram below compares BMW X3 car insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The rates are based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
To choose providers that offer multiple discounts in Tampa, follow this link.
Three good reasons to insure your X3
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a BMW X3 in Tampa, car insurance may be required for several reasons.
First, almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your X3, almost all lenders will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your BMW at an extremely high rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having car insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $830 a year so you should quote rates at least once a year to save money.
Tampa car insurance companies ranked
Insuring your vehicle with the top insurance company can be challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Florida. The company rank data shown next can help you pick which coverage providers you want to consider comparing rates with.
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
Always remember that when buying a policy for your vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- How high should deductibles be on a BMW X3?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Compare rates but buy from a local Tampa insurance agency
Some consumers prefer to buy from a local agent and that is not a bad decision Professional insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can find lower car insurance rates but also keep your business local. And supporting neighborhood agents is definitely important in Tampa.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to insurance agents in Tampa that can provide free Tampa auto insurance quotes for your business. You don’t have to contact any agents since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you wish to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Listed below is a list of auto insurance companies in Tampa that are able to give price quotes for BMW X3 insurance in Tampa.
- Florida Commercial Insurance
4915 W Cypress St – Tampa, FL 33607 – (813) 262-2303 – View Map
- Herma White – State Farm Insurance Agent
14940 N Florida Ave – Tampa, FL 33613 – (813) 961-6661 – View Map
- Italiano Insurance Services, Inc.
3021 W Swann Ave – Tampa, FL 33609 – (813) 877-7799 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Bruce Kestenbaum
320 E Fletcher Ave – Tampa, FL 33612 – (813) 513-8800 – View Map
Picking an provider should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- What companies can they write with?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
Specifics of your auto insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Coverage for liability – This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see limits of 10/20/10 which means a $10,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $20,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is a combined limit which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, pain and suffering, medical services, bail bonds and structural damage. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. Florida requires drivers to carry at least 10/20/10 but drivers should carry more coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like damage from getting keyed, rock chips in glass and theft. The highest amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for expenses for EMT expenses, surgery, hospital visits, funeral costs and chiropractic care. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers all vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverage – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with an object or car. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with a tree, scraping a guard rail and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your X3 to bring the cost down.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (10/20/10), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Most of the time these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.