Are you tired of overpaying and want more competitive Toyota Highlander insurance in Tampa? Buying the lowest cost Tampa Toyota Highlander insurance quotes may seem to be overwhelming for drivers new to comparison shopping on the internet. Because there are so many insurers available, how are drivers expected to effectively compare every company in order to find the cheapest price possible?
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, a large majority of car insurance policyholders kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Florida consumers could cut their rates by approximately $1,126 a year by just comparing quotes, but most just don’t grasp the large savings they would see if they changed companies.
Comparing rates for the lowest cost protection in Tampa is simple if you know the tricks. Essentially everyone who needs lower cost insurance will probably be able to find lower rates. But Florida drivers do need to understand how big insurance companies compete online.
Companies offer lots of discounts on Toyota Highlander insurance in Tampa
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to help bring down the price. Certain reductions will be credited when you purchase, but some need to be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Tampa Homeowners Pay Less – Owning your own home or condo may trigger a policy discount on insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Accident Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially in comparison with accident-prone drivers.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on Highlander insurance in Tampa.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm allow you one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a course teaching driver safety skills may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds that choose to allow companies to spy on where and when they drive by using a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction depending on your insurance provider.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active deployment in the military could mean lower premium rates.
Remember that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Toyota Highlander auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The costs are based on a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Florida state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
For a list of providers with discount insurance rates in Tampa, click here.
The quickest method we recommend to compare policy rates for Toyota Highlander insurance in Tampa is to understand car insurance companies will pay a fee to compare rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give them some information like how your vehicles are used, how much coverage you want, if it has an alarm system, and how much school you completed. The rating information is automatically sent to multiple top-rated companies and they provide comparison quotes within a short period of time.
To get price quotes for your Toyota Highlander now, click here and complete the quick form.
The providers in the list below provide quotes in Florida. To find cheap auto insurance in FL, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Analysis of coverages
The data table displayed next covers a range of insurance policy prices for Toyota Highlander models. Learning as much as possible about how prices are figured helps drivers make smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Highlander Sport 4WD||$338||$438||$546||$32||$164||$1,518||$127|
|Highlander SE 2WD||$338||$438||$546||$32||$164||$1,518||$127|
|Highlander Sport 2WD||$338||$438||$546||$32||$164||$1,518||$127|
|Highlander Limited 2WD||$376||$516||$546||$32||$164||$1,634||$136|
|Highlander SE 4WD||$376||$516||$546||$32||$164||$1,634||$136|
|Highlander Limited 4WD||$376||$516||$546||$32||$164||$1,634||$136|
|Highlander Hybrid 4WD||$376||$516||$546||$32||$164||$1,634||$136|
|Highlander Hybrid Limited 4WD||$376||$516||$546||$32||$164||$1,634||$136|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can influence auto insurance rates considerably.
The information below demonstrates how deductibles and can raise or lower Toyota Highlander insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and accident claims increase Toyota Highlander yearly insurance costs for different age categories. The prices are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Toyota Highlander full coverage rates compared to liability only
The information below compares Toyota Highlander auto insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The data is based on no accidents or driving violations, $100 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule that is best for determining when to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Toyota Highlander claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If premium cost is more than $500 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
How Your Highlander Insurance Premiums are Determined
Many different elements are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but other factors are more transparent like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that aid in calculating auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could result in better auto insurance rates.
The list below includes a few of the things used by your company to calculate prices.
Men drivers tend to cost more – Statistics demonstrate females are less aggressive when driving. This data doesn’t prove that females are better drivers. They both cause auto accidents at about the same rate, but guys cause more damage. They also receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are the most expensive to insure so it costs more to insure them.
The chart below shows the comparison of Toyota Highlander insurance prices for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Safer cars means cheaper insurance – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles reduce occupant injuries and better occupant protection means your insurance company pays less and cheaper rates on your policy.
Single vs. married – Your spouse actually saves money when buying auto insurance. It may mean you are less irresponsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Rural areas have lower rates – Having an address in less populated areas of the country is a positive aspect when talking about auto insurance. Less people means less chance of accidents in addition to lower liability claims. Residents of big cities tend to have much more traffic and more time behind the wheel. More time on the road means higher likelihood of an accident.
How many miles do you drive? – The more miles you rack up on your Toyota every year the higher your rate. The majority of insurers calculate rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Incorrect rating for your Highlander can result in significantly higher rates. It’s a smart idea to ensure your auto insurance coverage is showing the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Car and home together may be cheaper – Most larger companies provide discounts to customers that have more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, drivers will still want to compare other Tampa Highlander insurance rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.There is a chance you can save even more by buying auto insurance from a different company.
Deter car thieves – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Anti-theft devices such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart car theft and help bring rates down.
Toyota Highlander insurance claim data – Car insurance companies analyze past claim statistics when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that statistically have higher losses will have higher premium rates. The next table shows the historical insurance loss data for Toyota Highlander vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles compiled together is considered to be 100. Numbers that are below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or statistically larger claims.
|Specific Toyota Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Toyota Highlander 4dr 2WD||88||82||94||94||78||75|
|Toyota Highlander 4dr 4WD||95||86||117||88||74||78|
|Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr 4WD||111||143|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do I just need basic coverages?
When choosing your policy, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions may help you determine if you might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Is my Toyota Highlander covered if I use it for business?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
When to talk to an insurance agent
Some people still prefer to buy from a local agent. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain lower rates and also buy local. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is definitely important in Tampa.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best provider requires more thought than just a low price. Any agent in Tampa should be willing to answer these questions.
- Is the agent properly licensed in Florida?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Tampa?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
Insuring your Toyota Highlander just makes sense
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Toyota in Tampa, paying for car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Toyota, almost all lenders will force you to have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Toyota at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards your Toyota Highlander and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver overpays more than $830 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Which car insurance company is best in Tampa?
Ending up with the right insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies sell coverage in Tampa. The information in the lists below could help you decide which insurers you want to consider comparing prices from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Cheaper car insurance rates are possible
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, delays in paying claims, policy cancellation or high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new car insurance company is actually quite simple.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Cost effective Toyota Highlander insurance can be purchased on the web in addition to many Tampa insurance agents, so get free Tampa auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not offer rate quotes online and many times these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
How to find cheaper quotes for Toyota Highlander insurance in Tampa
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get low-cost Toyota Highlander insurance in Tampa is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies that insure vehicles in Florida. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- First, try to learn a little about how insurance companies determine prices and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that increase rates like inattentive driving and a not-so-good credit history can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a signed application and payment to the newly selected company. Immediately safely store the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. This enables a level playing field and the best price selection.
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tampa Car Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Nurses in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)