It takes a little time, but the best way to find low-cost prices for car insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies who sell auto insurance in Tampa.
- First, read and learn about what is in your policy and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents and a less-than-favorable credit history can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for many different companies. Find a Tampa insurance agent
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper G8 coverage is available. If you find better rates and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application for your new coverage. Don’t forget to place the new certificate of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One bit of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and to quote with as many companies as you can. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Unbelievable but true, a large majority of drivers have bought auto insurance from the same company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. With the average auto insurance premium being $2,200, Tampa drivers could save approximately 55% each year just by shopping around, but they assume it’s a waste of time to find affordable auto insurance rates.
If you have auto insurance now, you will most likely be able to save money using these tips. Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Tampa is quite easy. Nevertheless, Florida car owners do need to learn the way companies calculate your policy premium and use it to your advantage.
All the larger insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm provide price estimates directly from their websites. Getting Pontiac G8 insurance prices online is quite simple as all you need to do is type in your personal and coverage information as detailed in the form. Once entered, the company’s rating system will order your driving record and credit report and generates a price based on the data you entered. Being able to quote online for Pontiac G8 insurance in Tampa makes comparing rates easy, and it is important to do this if you want to get the lowest payment possible.
To find out what other companies charge, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you enter the limits and deductibles just like they are on your policy. Doing this assures you will get rate quotes using the exact same coverages.
The following companies provide free quotes in Tampa, FL. If you want cheap auto insurance in FL, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance is not optional
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Pontiac in Tampa, paying for insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Pontiac G8, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Pontiac at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your personal assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Pontiac as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in America overpays more than $865 each year so compare rate quotes every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Pontiac G8 insurance in Tampa
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be available discounts that you may not know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you complete an application, but a few must be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking a course teaching defensive driving skills could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child take driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies will forgive one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military may lower your prices slightly.
As is typical with insurance, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Some of the insurance companies who may offer most of the discounts above include:
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in every state. To locate insurance companies who offer discounts in Florida, click here.
Compare rates but still have a neighborhood Tampa auto insurance agent
Many people just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Tampa who will give competitive quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking the best provider shouldn’t rely on just the price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
If you would like to find a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Tampa are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so always compare other rates. They receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Tampa willing to provide comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company so they can write business amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you can keep the same agent. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, it’s recommended you compare prices from independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Tampa that can give you comparison quotes.
Global FIS – A Full Service Independant Insurance Agency
8710 W Hillsborough Ave #201 – Tampa, FL 33615 – (813) 343-0844 – View Map
You may need specialized auto insurance coverage
When it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your financial needs are unique so this has to be addressed.
For example, these questions might point out if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- What if I total my Pontiac G8 and owe more than it’s worth?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Is my trailer covered?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Affordable auto insurance is out there
We just showed you a lot of techniques to save on Pontiac G8 insurance in Tampa. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Pontiac G8 insurance quotes. You may even find the best prices are with a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies often have lower rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced collision coverage to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate.
Additional auto insurance information can be read below:
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Nurses in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Tampa Auto Insurance for a Toyota 4Runner? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tampa Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)