We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Drivers who compare rates at least once a year will presumably switch to a new company because there is a good chance of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey found that consumers who compared rates annually saved $865 annually compared to policyholders who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on car insurance is why you’re reading this, understanding how to shop for coverages can save time, money, and frustration.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find cheaper prices for Lincoln Continental insurance in Tampa is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers in Florida.
- Step 1: Try to understand what is in your policy and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like inattentive driving and a lousy credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on Continental insurance. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit a completed application and payment to the newly selected company. Be sure to keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to compare the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to compare as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Cheapest Lincoln Continental insurance quotes in Tampa, Florida
Most major insurance companies provide prices from their websites. Obtaining pricing for Lincoln Continental insurance in Tampa is pretty painless as you just enter the coverage amounts you desire as requested by the quote form. Behind the scenes, their quoting system will obtain reports for credit and driving violations and quotes a price based on the information you submitted.
Getting online rates for Lincoln Continental insurance in Tampa makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is imperative to get many rate quotes if you want to find a better rate.
In order to use this form to compare rates, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you enter the limits and deductibles exactly as shown on your declarations page. This helps ensure you will have an apples-to-apples comparison for the exact same coverage.
The companies in the list below offer free quotes in Tampa, FL. If you want cheap car insurance in Tampa, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Lincoln at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Lincoln and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Lincoln as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
How Your Continental Insurance Premiums are Determined
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. If you know what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with lower premium levels. Many things are used when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but other criteria are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
The factors shown below are some of the things that factor into your rates.
- Credit rating impacts rates – Having a bad credit history is a big factor in determining premium rates. Insureds with good credit tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with bad credit. Therefore, if your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your Lincoln Continental if you clean up your credit.
- Does your employer raise your premiums? – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations such as military generals, police officers, and medical professionals tend to have higher premium rates in part from intense work situations and long work hours. On the flip side, jobs like scientists, engineers and retirees have lower than average premiums.
- Does auto insurance cost more for guys? – Statistics have proven that females take fewer risks when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Females and males cause at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also have more aggressive citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Teenage male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
- Policy add-ons may be wasting money – There are quite a few extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t diligent. Things like replacement cost coverage, better glass coverage, and motor club memberships are some examples. They may seem good at first, but if you have no use for them think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Compare rates if you bundle your policies – Some insurers provide discounts for people who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s always a smart idea to compare other Tampa Continental insurance rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Drivers may still save money by buying from different companies
- Do you save by driving less? – The more you drive annually the more it will cost to insure it. Almost all companies calculate prices based upon how much you drive. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting can be on a lower rate level than cars that get driven a lot. An incorrectly rated Continental is just wasting money. It’s always a good idea to double check that your car insurance policy states the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Best car insurance in Tampa
Finding the best car insurance company is hard considering how many companies there are in Florida. The company rank data listed below can help you decide which car insurance providers to look at purchasing from.
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Be persistent and save
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
We’ve covered a lot of information how to compare Lincoln Continental insurance auto insurance rates in Tampa. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest auto insurance rates come from a small mutual company. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
Much more information about car insurance in Florida is available on the following sites:
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Female in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Tampa Auto Insurance Rates for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)