Unimaginable but true, the majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never compared quotes from other companies. Many drivers in Tampa can save roughly $1,126 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t believe how much money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
The recommended way to get more affordable Kia Spectra insurance in Tampa is to compare quotes once a year from different companies in Florida.
- First, try to learn about how your policy works and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as at-fault accidents and poor credit can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy to determine if you can save on Spectra insurance in Tampa. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new company. Once the paperwork is finalized, place your new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The key thing to remember is to try to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to look at every company you can. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
The goal of this article is to help educate you on how car insurance quotes work and how you can save the most money. If you already have coverage, you stand a good chance to be able to cut your premiums using these methods. Vehicle owners just have to use the least time-consuming way to quote multiple rates from many different companies.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Tampa, FL. To locate cheaper car insurance in Tampa, FL, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Kia Spectra insurance in Tampa
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Tampa car insurance online.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying a policy with several vehicles with the same insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Membership in Organizations – Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization can get you a small discount on insurance.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky.
If you would like to view insurance companies that offer discounts in Florida, click here.
How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are less obvious like where you live and annual miles driven. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that help calculate your car insurance rates. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that could help you find cheaper rates.
- Raise your deductibles for better rates – Your deductibles state the amount of money you are required to pay if the claim is covered. Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims would be rear-ending another vehicle, collision with a deer, or theft of your vehicle. The more damage repair cost you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your car insurance will be.
- Liability claims can be big – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage provides coverage if ever a jury decides you are liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Premiums increase with driving tickets – Whether or not you get tickets has a big impact on rates. Only having one chargeable violation may cause rates to rise forty percent or more. Good drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have serious violations like DUI or reckless driving may find that they have to to prove financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
- Lower rates with a multi-policy discount – Some companies apply a discount for people who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s always a smart idea to compare other Tampa Spectra insurance rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still save money by splitting coverages up.
- Cheaper to insure women? – Statistics have proven that females take fewer risks when driving. However, this does not mean females are better at driving than males. Men and women cause auto accidents in similar percentages, but guys have accidents that have higher claims. They also receive more major tickets like driving under the influence (DUI).
- File car insurance claims and pay more – If you file claims often, you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Car insurance companies in Florida give discounts to insureds who only file infrequent claims. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Poor credit rating equals high premiums – Your credit score will be a significant factor in determining premium rates. If your credit leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Kia Spectra by improving your rating. Drivers with good credit tend to be less risk to insure than those with lower credit scores.
Local Tampa car insurance agents
A lot of people still prefer to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. A nice benefit of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Tampa.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance data is transmitted to insurance agents in Tampa that can give you free Tampa car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Tampa
If you would like to find a reliable agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in Tampa are classified as either exclusive or independent. Either type can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning the difference between them since it can affect your agent selection.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not employed by any specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. When comparing rates, we highly recommend that you compare quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates. Many write coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Featured below are Tampa independent insurance agents that may be able to give you free auto insurance rate quotes.
- Hockman Insurance Agency, Inc.
3438 Colwell Ave – Tampa, FL 33614 – (813) 636-4000 – View Map
- Omega Insurance Agency, Inc.
5300 W Cypress St #271 – Tampa, FL 33607 – (813) 341-1530 – View Map
- Florida Commercial Insurance
4915 W Cypress St – Tampa, FL 33607 – (813) 262-2303 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only provide one company’s prices and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years partially due to the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Listed below are Tampa exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
- State Farm: Stan White
3204 Cove Bend Dr – Tampa, FL 33613 – (813) 971-1123 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Paul H. Phaneuf
3641 W Kennedy Blvd F – Tampa, FL 33609 – (813) 353-0303 – View Map
- Ray Mathews – State Farm Insurance Agent
15271 Amberly Dr – Tampa, FL 33647 – (813) 978-1898 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. A good agent in Tampa will have answers to these questions.
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
When in doubt talk to an agent
When selecting insurance from an agent or online, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions can help discover if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
What is the best auto insurance company in Florida?
Selecting the best auto insurance company is hard considering how many companies there are in Florida. The rank data below may help you decide which auto insurance companies to look at purchasing from.
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Shop smart and save
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like delays in paying claims, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high rates after DUI convictions or even being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company is not as hard as you think.
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
A few companies may not provide price quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers work with independent insurance agencies. Cheaper insurance in Tampa is attainable both online and with local Tampa insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection.
Much more information about insurance in Florida is located below:
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 60 in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Tampa Car Insurance for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for State Employees in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)