Are you regretting the purchase of an overpriced car insurance policy? Believe me when I say you’re not alone.
We don’t have to tell you that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. People who rate shop once a year are likely to switch companies because of the high probability of getting low-cost coverage. A recent car insurance study discovered that drivers who make a habit of shopping around saved $72 a month as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on auto insurance is the reason for your visit, then learning about how to quote and compare insurance premiums can help make the process easier and more efficient.
How to find affordable Cadillac ATS insurance in Tampa
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get the cheapest Cadillac ATS insurance is to compare quotes annually from different companies who can sell car insurance in Tampa.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that increase rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a negative credit score can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One bit of advice is to make sure you enter the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Online insurance companies like State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance constantly bombard you with catchy ads and consumers find it hard to ignore the flashy ads and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Consumers need to get comparison quotes before your next renewal because prices change frequently. If you had the best deal on Cadillac ATS insurance in Tampa six months ago you may be paying too much now. There is a lot of bad information regarding ATS insurance on the web, but we’re going to give you some tested techniques to find cheap car insurance in Tampa.
If you are insured now or just want a better rate, you can learn to cut your premiums while maximizing coverage. Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Tampa can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. Drivers just have to use the quickest method to compare different rates online from multiple companies.
Cheapest companies for Cadillac ATS insurance
The auto insurance companies shown below offer quotes in Tampa, FL. If you wish to find cheaper auto insurance in Florida, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
You Can Change Your Insurance Prices
Many things are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but other criteria are less obvious like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is. When buying car insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that go into determining your car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in big savings.
- Bump up physical damage deductibles to lower rates – Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your Cadillac from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered are colliding with a building, flood damage, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles are the amount of money the insured will be required to pay in the event of a claim. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your car insurance will be.
- Alarm systems save money – Driving a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your rates. Advanced theft deterrents such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can help prevent auto theft.
- Premiums are high for teenagers – Youthful drivers in Florida are known to be inattentive when driving so car insurance rates are higher. Having to add a youthful driver to your policy can break the bank. Older insureds are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.
- Filing claims can cost you – Car insurance companies in Florida give discounts to insureds who are claim-free. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Cadillac ATS claim probability – Auto insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that statistically have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher rates. The information below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Cadillac ATS vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Numbers under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 show a trend for more claims or larger claims.
Cadillac ATS Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Cadillac Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Cadillac ATS 4dr 2WD 121 97 103 107 96 90 Cadillac ATS 4dr 4WD 127 81 91 92 93 74BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
These discounts can lower your car insurance rates
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details some of the more common as well as the least known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Tampa car insurance online.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver’s education class if it’s offered in school.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but certain companies may permit one accident without raising rates if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to spy on where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on ATS insurance in Tampa.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive a small discount on rates.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking part in a safe driver course may get you a small discount depending on where you live.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
If you would like to see a list of car insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Tampa, follow this link.
Auto insurance agents are trained to help
A lot of people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Most agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that you can find the best rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is definitely important in Tampa.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your information is transmitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered to your email. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific company, just visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right provider is decision based upon more than just a low price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
Which is the best insurance?
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Be persistent to save money
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like questionable increases in premium, not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service or even unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching car insurance companies is actually quite simple.
We just covered many tips how you can find cheaper Cadillac ATS insurance in Tampa. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest auto insurance rates are with a small local company.
While you’re price shopping online, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
Steps to finding more affordable Cadillac ATS insurance in Tampa
Really, the only way to find more affordable Cadillac ATS insurance in Tampa is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies who provide car insurance in Florida. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- Try to comprehend policy coverages and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like distracted driving and a low credit score can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One bit of advice is to try to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Even more information can be read in the articles below:
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Homeowners in Tampa? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Accord in Tampa? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Tampa? (FAQ)
- How Much are Tampa Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)