It’s a fact that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Consumers who get comparison quotes at least once a year will most likely switch car insurance companies because there is a good probability of finding lower rate quotes. A survey found that people who compared rates once a year saved about $850 each year compared to people who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the lowest price on auto insurance is why you’re here, then knowing how to shop and compare coverage rates can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
The best way to get cheaper Volkswagen R32 insurance is to regularly compare quotes from different companies that sell auto insurance in Tampa. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
First, it will benefit you to learn about what is in your policy and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and an unfavorable credit rating can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Tampa. If you find better rates and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, tell your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new insurance company. When you receive it, put the new certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and to quote with as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Florida. To find cheap auto insurance in Florida, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Save money with these discounts on Volkswagen R32 insurance in Tampa
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts that you may not even know about. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but a few must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Drivers without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than their less cautious counterparts.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few car insurance companies.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Multi-line Discount – Larger insurance companies have better prices if you take out life insurance.
- Driver Training Discounts – Participating in a defensive driver class could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Paperless Signup – Some car insurance companies will give you a small discount for completing your application on their website.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will help lower your policy premium.
A few of the larger companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- 21st Century has discounts for driver training, student driver, automatic seat belts, teen driver, anti-lock brakes, homeowners, and 55 and older.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, homeowner, good student, online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driving training, driver’s education, passive restraint, multiple autos, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Nationwide discounts include accident-free, business or organization, good student, defensive driving, anti-theft, multi-policy, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Esurance may have discounts that include defensive driver, Pac-12 alumni, homeowner, Switch & Save, multi-policy, and DriveSense.
- The Hartford may include discounts for anti-theft, defensive driver, driver training, good student, air bag, and vehicle fuel type.
Double check with every company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in Tampa. To locate insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Tampa, click here to view.
Florida auto insurance companies
Selecting the highest-rated car insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many companies sell insurance in Florida. The ranking data in the next section can help you select which car insurance companies to look at to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Tampa Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Smart Choices Result in Lower Insurance Costs
Consumers need to have an understanding of a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. When you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in better car insurance rates.
The following are some of the major factors used by companies to determine prices.
Women tend to take less risk – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that males are worse at driving than females. Both genders have accidents in similar percentages, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only are claims higher, but men get higher numbers of serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Young males have the highest risk to insure so they pay the highest premiums.
Teenage drivers pay high rates – Youthful drivers in Florida are statistically proven to be more careless with other occupants in the car so they pay higher car insurance rates. Older insureds are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
Excellent credit saves on car insurance – A driver’s credit score can be an important factor in your rate calculation. So if your credit is not that good, you could pay less to insure your Volkswagen R32 by improving your credit score. Drivers with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit scores.
Drive a safer car and pay less – Cars with five star safety ratings get lower rates. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce occupant injuries and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates.
Higher coverage deductibles save money – The deductibles define the amount you are required to spend if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your car. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, damage from fire, and damage caused by road hazards. The more of the claim you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
Driving citations hurt – Good drivers have lower premiums compared to bad drivers. Having a single ticket could increase your next policy renewal forty percent or more. Drivers who get serious citations such as DUI or willful reckless driving are required to complete a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
Multiple policies with one company – Most larger companies allow discounts for people who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to compare Volkswagen R32 rates in Tampa to ensure the best deal.
Being married can lower prices – Your spouse may save some money when buying car insurance. Marriage may mean you are more stable financially and insurance companies reward insureds because being married results in fewer claims.